Hello

Please take a quick minute to introduce yourself and tell us a little about who you are and what brought you here.

Hello

Postby Justin » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:34 pm

Hi all,

I was happy to find that Unlimited Boundaries had a discussion forum. I have been active on the MBT forum for a few years now as “Justin”, and have briefly poked around Astral Pulse from time to time as “J Jack.”

My backstory is a bit complicated, but in short: I started out about 18 years ago as a lucid dreamer. During the first 12 years, along with the lucid dreams, I had frequent experiences with sleep paralysis and, as a result, various “classic” OBEs. During those years, I was not even aware of the terms sleep paralysis, astral projection, OBE, etc. I only knew, “holy shit, what was that!” So when I came across Bob Monroe’s books about 4 years ago, it was pretty shocking to find that I wasn’t the only one having these “other” experiences. Since finding Bob’s books, I have of course devoured all of the various related material: Tom Campbell, William Buhlman, Robert Bruce, Bruce Moen, Graham Nicoles, Jurgen Ziewe,TMI, Frank Kepple, and on and on.

In the last four years, I have had maybe 40 or so experiences that I would consider to be in NPMR, the astral, etc. My methodology to get there has been haphazard and primarily a matter of “sneaking up on it.” Over the last two years, I have been focusing on meditation as a tool to explore the larger reality at will. I have had 2, fairly sloppy, conscious shifts thus far. So, I am making progress, but have much to learn. I came across one of the Frank Kepple documents maybe a year or so ago. I put bits and pieces of the information to use and found it all very helpful. I am currently going through Frank’s posts again to pull out possible clues as to getting over the next hump in my meditation. I’ll be asking for advice on that later :)

I’m on a mission to be able to smoothly project at will. I am grateful for this forum, as I know there are members here who’s wisdom and experience can help me. Hopefully my limited knowledge will be useful as well.

Anyway, I’m thankful to be here and look forward to being on the adventure together.

Many Thanks,

Justin
Justin

Hello

Sponsor Advertisement

Sponsor

Re: Hello

Postby Bedeekin » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:51 pm

Welcome Justin.

I think we all 'sneak up on it'.. some are just better at sneaking. :)
Bedeekin

Postby Xanth » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:56 pm

Justin wrote:Hi all,

I was happy to find that Unlimited Boundaries had a discussion forum. I have been active on the MBT forum for a few years now as “Justin”, and have briefly poked around Astral Pulse from time to time as “J Jack.”

Hey Justin!
Great of you to join us! :)

Since finding Bob’s books, I have of course devoured all of the various related material: Tom Campbell, William Buhlman, Robert Bruce, Bruce Moen, Graham Nicoles, Jurgen Ziewe,TMI, Frank Kepple, and on and on.

I'm kind of curious, how would you rank those particular authors in how well they match up with your own experiences?

In the last four years, I have had maybe 40 or so experiences that I would consider to be in NPMR, the astral, etc. My methodology to get there has been haphazard and primarily a matter of “sneaking up on it.” Over the last two years, I have been focusing on meditation as a tool to explore the larger reality at will. I have had 2, fairly sloppy, conscious shifts thus far. So, I am making progress, but have much to learn. I came across one of the Frank Kepple documents maybe a year or so ago. I put bits and pieces of the information to use and found it all very helpful. I am currently going through Frank’s posts again to pull out possible clues as to getting over the next hump in my meditation. I’ll be asking for advice on that later :)

I always seem to slide back to Frank's posts every so often to do just that... hopefully find some new nugget of information that I missed before.

I’m on a mission to be able to smoothly project at will. I am grateful for this forum, as I know there are members here who’s wisdom and experience can help me. Hopefully my limited knowledge will be useful as well.

A forum is only as good as the people who post there! I think here we have a very respectful, well rounded group. :)

Welcome!
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Szaxx » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:32 pm

Hi Justin,
Welcome to the forum that's so rounded, they say it represents a sphere.

You'll find any missing pieces to the puzzle over time. Maybe have a laugh too. Its a learning experience and you've already started . Anything is a question away and hopefully the answer too.
Szaxx

Postby Justin » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:19 pm

Thank you for the welcome.

Szaxx wrote:Hi Justin,
Welcome to the forum that's so rounded, they say it represents a sphere.

You'll find any missing pieces to the puzzle over time. Maybe have a laugh too. Its a learning experience and you've already started . Anything is a question away and hopefully the answer too.

I could use some answers and especially some laughs, thanks.

Bedeekin wrote:I think we all 'sneak up on it'.. some are just better at sneaking.

I hear you.

Xanth wrote:I'm kind of curious, how would you rank those particular authors in how well they match up with your own experiences?

That's a tough question to consider Xanth.

In terms of the actual methods and experience of phasing/projecting (and in understanding the process itself), I would have to say that William Buhlman, Frank Kepple, Graham Nichols, and your guide have been the most useful and match my own understanding and experiences. I should also maybe mention the OBE4U.com website. I don't recall the name of the person that is behind it. Not much of the info there resonated with me, but I had success with several of the methods and still use bits and pieces - primarily the "brain strain." I think of it as flexing my focus. I forget how Frank describes it, but he is talking about the same concept as well - that is partly why I want to reread his posts.

With sleep paralysis, Bedeekin's write up is an exact match... and I have had more than my fair share of experiences with it! :)

As far as the actual experiences outside of waking reality, Bob Monroe, Bruce Moen, and Jurgen Zieweseem seem to use terminology and make descriptions that most closely fit the way in wich I might describe my venturers. My travels are much more limited of course, but I can easily "get" their descriptions and match them to aspects of my own. I had a huge breakthrough when Moen described the idea of perceiving as apposed to "seeing" while OBE. It completely changed my approach, and has allowed me to "see."

Considering all personal experiences related to OBE and things such as precognition, remote viewing, ESP, UFO sighting, the meaning of life, relationships, fear, ego, beliefs, etc, etc. Tom Campbell, hands down, takes the cake... it still blows my mind how well his model fits my own findings and experiences. I should throw Eckhart Tolle in there too in terms of self realization. It is 1,000 times easier to make progress with projection (and life in general) when we acknowledge that we are our own stumbling blocks. So yeah, Tom and Eckhart helped me realize that I am about half as great as I thought I was and also about 2 times better.

I'm probably forgetting a few that should be mentioned. All of it is such a great mound of information - I am immensely grateful for all of it. What a blast it is - no wonder I signed up for it again.

How about you?

EDIT: I just started Fred Aardema's book... great stuff so far.
Justin

Return to Introduce Yourself