Hello folks

Have you had a hard time trying to learn to Astrally Project? Have you ever wanted to learn how to do Astral Projection to experience the non-physical for yourself? Here at Unlimited Boundaries, we offer the Astral Academy. This is where we work with you on a one-on-one basis in order to help you learn to experience the non-physical for yourself! Make a post answering the questions in the stickie and we'll assist you every step of the way from physical to non-physical!
Forum rules
There aren't really any rules here... just be sure to be as dedicated to this as we are to wanting to teach you! Be sure to go through the lessons as well, as they've been designed to provide you with the basic understandings you require in order to successfully gain access to and explore the non-physical.

Re: Hello folks

Postby Xanth » Tue Oct 27, 2015 7:12 am

It's called practicing "Mindfulness".

Mindfulness is more about bringing your awareness into the NOW and practicing that. It's about the practice of not struggling against that which "is". The more you struggle against what life throws you, the more you suffer. Suffering is created by the struggle. Mindfulness teaches us to live in the MOMENT, to live in the NOW.

As for the Sound of Silence... you can use that as your Focus in order to project. :)
Xanth
Site Admin

Sponsor Advertisement

Sponsor

Postby satsujin » Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:33 pm

It's been three weeks and I'm still falling asleep too easily. Would anyone recommend doing things like energy work or laying my arms above my head on the pillow when I get up in the middle of the night to keep me lucid?
satsujin

Postby Xanth » Fri Oct 30, 2015 10:48 pm

satsujin wrote:It's been three weeks and I'm still falling asleep too easily. Would anyone recommend doing things like energy work or laying my arms above my head on the pillow when I get up in the middle of the night to keep me lucid?

Experiment. Do whatever you feel you need to do. It's all you at this point. :) Those are both excellent suggestions for yourself.
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Szaxx » Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:46 am

Try a different location in the house and preferably sitting. Make sure you're comfy and can't fall.
If you still fall asleep then try a little later, an hour or so more sleep may be required.
Szaxx

Postby satsujin » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:36 pm

I posted this in another thread but am reposting here since its more relevant. Hope thats ok. Wherever I get a response I'll continue to post here.

Thanks for watching Xanth and Szaxx :)

Last night I had the most success when I practiced moving awareness when I went to bed. I do lose sense of the physical for the longest then. I dont think of my environment or my body. My focus is on the random images appearing in my mental awareness and no inner speech. I did fall asleep and lose consciousness but until then was able to keep mind awake for the longest while. Is this an example of Focus 10?

When I got up in the morning, I did the same but noticed when the images appeared my inner voice spoke the word representing the image. After working with it for some time, I was able to restrict the voice a little so 'caterpillar' became 'cat', spoon became 'sp' etc. Since this is only my second day I think my progress is promising so far.
Last edited by satsujin on Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
satsujin

Postby satsujin » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:16 am

I quickly lose sense of the physical but am drawn back to it by something as simple as an itch. I can almost immediately stop it by imagining my spirit body scratching itself in that area but should I do this? If I am focusing on my spiritbody am I focusing on the physical instead of the nonphysical?
satsujin

Postby Szaxx » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:57 am

You can remove any discomforts by moving slowly. If you keep your focus on the non physical active whilst doing these ( scratching, swallowing etc) continuing with your work isn't interrupted. It'll take a few goes, its easy to do though without losing it all. I find ignoring it doesn't work, an itch will keep going until scratched lol. They become automatic soon enough, that's another thing learned easily.
Maintain your focus and it doesn't interfere.
Szaxx

Postby satsujin » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:58 am

Made a slight change to my tactics but not sure what is happening. Instead of focusing on a repetitious mental rundown I decided to try and simply focus on my awareness --- my sense of being and see if I could lose sense of the physical that way. It worked --- sort of.
I did not experience a projection but I did not drift into sleep nor was I fully conscious either.
More like losing awareness while awake.
I know I'm not asleep when I'm not aware since I have no memory of dreaming when I come to and I ALWAYS dream when I'm asleep. Remember them too....
I'm also not daydreaming because nothing is running in my mind when I come to.
Does that make sense to you? What do you recommend? I'm guessing further practice.....
satsujin

Postby satsujin » Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:55 pm

Heard myself snore as I was on the verge of falling asleep last ngiht. It wasn't continous snoring but happened about 4-5 times. I've never heard myself snore before. Was it another milestone? Or irrelevant since I wasn't in a dream?
satsujin

Postby Szaxx » Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:02 pm

It's a milestone.
It's probably the last one too depending upon your method. It indicates the body asleep and mind awake which is what you need to attain to have any success with concious projection.
Focus on the visualisations and try to influence them by thinking you'll see something move.
A gentle approach is still required until the scene develops then becomes where you are.
You'll be part of it like being awake, then you go crazy interacting with it in any way you choose to ground yourself there. Then it's fun time.
Szaxx

Postby satsujin » Fri Dec 11, 2015 9:38 pm

Thanks Szaxx.
However, it's a milestone that didnt repeat yesterday.
Also, now the sound of silence(SoS) is intruding upon my consciousness of focus and seems impossible to escape from so I have decided to focus solely on that instead of awareness as well. I realize over the past week I have changed from mental rundown, to awareness, to SoS. I hope I will be able to stick to this.
The advantage with Sos is that I have prior practice with it and can also focus on it while doing other things like reading and watching movies.
I seem to hear it less when there is less silence.
Since my first milestone occurred with awareness focus do you think this is a bad move?
satsujin

Postby satsujin » Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:21 am

Just an update on where I am. No questions. The previous post has a question.
Meditations occur at 10am and 7pm. Longer attempts at 2pm,11pm and 3am.
Almost all longer attempts end in sleep, occasionally in stopping to check the time passed which can be up to 2.5 hours
Most meditations last about 40-50 mins. Usually 40. Occasional voluntary interruption around 20 mins but very rare.
Following involuntary actions occur commonly:
- Foot, hand or knee twitch.
- Single snore that snaps me back to physical.
- Headshift left or right
- Loss of focus to verbal daydream
- Mental visualization along with focus although this has been rarer with SoS focus
- Single deep inhalation which I voluntarily continue as deep exhalation
satsujin

Postby satsujin » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:24 am

I realize I'm adding posts without waiting for a response but also that you both are too busy to reply immediately. I really appreciate the help you provide.
I was reading Shenlord's thread and came across a post that seemed to imply "stilling the mind" is a bad idea. But isnt that what I am doing now? I basically focus on the sound of silence and nothing else. Would you recommend me adding the affirmation "I am aware" as a constant recitation to the focus?
satsujin

Postby Szaxx » Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:20 pm

I tend to let whatever is showing itself just continue unabated. The focus then is on this whatever and it works really well as it is amplifying your non physical connection. It may be a personal thing that has occurred over the last 50 years of projecting, it is reliable though.
In your posts you mention less success if you focus on silence, it may be better to not use any intent on creating the silence, just controlling the wandering mind should be enough.
Szaxx

Postby Xanth » Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:37 pm

satsujin wrote:I realize I'm adding posts without waiting for a response but also that you both are too busy to reply immediately. I really appreciate the help you provide.
I was reading Shenlord's thread and came across a post that seemed to imply "stilling the mind" is a bad idea. But isnt that what I am doing now? I basically focus on the sound of silence and nothing else. Would you recommend me adding the affirmation "I am aware" as a constant recitation to the focus?

Oh don't worry! :)

Just let the posts flow. We'll catch up. ;)
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby satsujin » Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:46 pm

Szaxx wrote:I tend to let whatever is showing itself just continue unabated. The focus then is on this whatever and it works really well as it is amplifying your non physical connection. It may be a personal thing that has occurred over the last 50 years of projecting, it is reliable though.
In your posts you mention less success if you focus on silence, it may be better to not use any intent on creating the silence, just controlling the wandering mind should be enough.

I dont focus on silence or try to "create" silence. I focus on the constant hum that silence has. But I guess the next point I should be trying to reach is the mind awake, body asleep one right? Patience is something I have to learn since I haven't been at this for even 2 weeks.
satsujin

Postby Szaxx » Mon Dec 14, 2015 4:31 am

The way you're doing it is correct. I wanted to let you know that if you create silence that's as far as you'll get unless you fall asleep lol.
The hum etc is the noise that's ever present. When awake you can hear a constant usually high pitched mix of sounds and yawning makes these louder. These can be focused on and you're doing that.
Patience is required.
Szaxx

Postby satsujin » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:30 am

When I go to sleep I dont have any time goals for how long I will be focusing.

When I meditate at 10am and 7pm I plan to only meditate for 30 mins so I focus on time while also focusing on sound of silence. I am usually correct on my time estimates. Real time has usually passed 2-4 mins more than my guesstimate.

Is this unimportant or does it matter? In one I only focus on SoS while other I'm mainly focused on SoS but also on passage of time as well.
satsujin

Postby Szaxx » Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:31 pm

If it works, its all good. I used to time my experiences in the 80's and always returned a few mins before the alarm.
Keep going, the more you experience the better.
Szaxx

Postby satsujin » Fri Jan 01, 2016 10:43 pm

Hi folks,
I know its been a while since my last post but I didnt have much change in experience until last night and I am not sure if its significant. I woke up around 6:30 and stayed in bed focused on SoS until 8. I dont think I feel asleep but was daydreaming. What I think is interesting is that while my my daydreams had no character of me in the content of the dream, there was a sense of me aware and observing the dream. Normally when I daydream in my 7pm meditation there is no sense of me until I snap out of the daydream. Here is what I posted in my journal:

had lucid daydreaming experience where I felt I was conscious but daydreaming. Had no control over the dream but there was a sense of me without actually being a member of the dream. So daydreams were NOT about my thoughts or external life as usual. Or was I just dreaming? Will check on Astral Academy. Daydreaming was about Marge and Homer, one working hard and the other taking the easiest job but the system works to make a good life for them. Also about chimp learning to do different tasks better by keep trying and increasing the difficulty successfully each time it succeeded.

So was I just dreaming or is this one step closer to lucidity?
satsujin

PreviousNext

Return to Destynee's Plan - Astral Academy