Hello folks

Have you had a hard time trying to learn to Astrally Project? Have you ever wanted to learn how to do Astral Projection to experience the non-physical for yourself? Here at Unlimited Boundaries, we offer the Astral Academy. This is where we work with you on a one-on-one basis in order to help you learn to experience the non-physical for yourself! Make a post answering the questions in the stickie and we'll assist you every step of the way from physical to non-physical!
Forum rules
There aren't really any rules here... just be sure to be as dedicated to this as we are to wanting to teach you! Be sure to go through the lessons as well, as they've been designed to provide you with the basic understandings you require in order to successfully gain access to and explore the non-physical.

Re: Hello folks

Postby satsujin » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:33 am

Xanth wrote:Yup! Position yourself in a position that you don't associate with "sleeping". That would help definitely.
It would be entirely better if you could move to a new location where you're not lying down. :)

Well, I'll try on my back first and see if that lets me be awake and aware for longer than I do currently. Another option might be to sit up, back against the headboard but I'll leave that as POTENTIAL option for now.
Also while I'm repeating my question, my focus sometimes moves to some daydreaming concept. I dont become aware of the physical world but when I am snapped out of daydreaming I find I am still repeating the "Am I dreaming" phrase. Is this okay or should my focus always be on the phrase?

The only times I DON'T get hypnogogic imagery is when I'm not able to really deepen my awareness away from the physical.

I've read that not everyone get SP and HI so I'm hoping it is not a critical requirement for the experience.

What I do know is that there are a lot of medications out there which have this kind of effect. Phantom (one of the other mods) might have more information on that. She's a nurse with a lot of knowledge in that area.

Maybe if she's free you could get her to take a look at my current meds. They are:
Oxycarbamezapine (anticonvulsant)
Sodium Valproate (anticonvulsant)
Lamictal (anticonvulsant)
Risperidone (antipsychotic)
Rivotril (antianxiety)
Amlodac (bloood pressure)
satsujin

Sponsor Advertisement

Sponsor

Postby Xanth » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:58 am

satsujin wrote:Well, I'll try on my back first and see if that lets me be awake and aware for longer than I do currently. Another option might be to sit up, back against the headboard but I'll leave that as POTENTIAL option for now.
Also while I'm repeating my question, my focus sometimes moves to some daydreaming concept. I dont become aware of the physical world but when I am snapped out of daydreaming I find I am still repeating the "Am I dreaming" phrase. Is this okay or should my focus always be on the phrase?

You basically don't want to do anything that causes you to lose awareness. Stick with whatever keeps your awareness engaged and active.

I've read that not everyone get SP and HI so I'm hoping it is not a critical requirement for the experience.

They're not. :) No worries.

Maybe if she's free you could get her to take a look at my current meds. They are:
Oxycarbamezapine (anticonvulsant)
Sodium Valproate (anticonvulsant)
Lamictal (anticonvulsant)
Risperidone (antipsychotic)
Rivotril (antianxiety)
Amlodac (bloood pressure)

I've made her aware of your thread. Hoping for a response for you soon. :)
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Phantom » Fri Oct 16, 2015 5:15 pm

There have not been any definitive parapsyc studies on the effects of antiseizure medications and lucid dreaming or projection. The medication is prescribed based on the EEG and is controlling a life threatening condition. I would think the body would eventually adjust to the presence of the medication and if it had an effect it would diminish. The focus is more important than the body. THere are some groups that expose the body to extreme conditions which would not seem conducive to a change in focus to non physical reality, yet it can be done.

THings like alcohol, and sleeping meds above what is needed to control the siezures, narcotics, have adverse effects and should be avoided.

If you have trouble with drowsiness work sitting in a chair instead of in a bed. I have also found working with hypnosis tapes to be helpful when working on attaining a deeper state.
Phantom

Postby satsujin » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:31 pm

Folks, I tried sleeping on my back(tougher to sleep position for me) last night and while I still dozed off I was awake for longer afterwards.
Currently I go to bed around 11pm. Sometimes I get up around 1am but I always get up at 4am before going back to sleep. I usually get out of bed at 7-8am. Last night, since I was on my back, after dozing off around 4 I got up around 5:00,kept repeating the words and went in and out of sleep. There was a lot of yawning. I got out of bed by 6:30.
Last edited by satsujin on Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
satsujin

Postby satsujin » Sat Oct 17, 2015 6:38 am

Maybe the "Am I dreaming" question is finally getting through to my subconscious. Did not lucid dream, but while I was lying in bed from 3:00pm to 3:30pm may have had daydream or regular dream(not clear --- vague memory so maybe a dream but half hour time seems too short for dream) about me asking the question and trying to create connection to answer between neck,head and torso,legs of horse. Well, whatever happened, it gives me some feeling that progress is being achieved. :D
satsujin

Postby satsujin » Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:56 am

I've found that I can focus better with less distraction when I visualize myself flying over different terrains instead of repeating "Am I dreaming" in my head. It's more distracting when I try to have a verbal thought as well as a visual thought. So should I just visualize the flying now? Or stick with the verbal thoughts for a longer period of time since I haven't been using them for long? Also do you recommend counting down from 100 to 0 while I visualize this?

Also, Phantom has given a link to a lucid dreaming hypnosis audio. Not sure what path to take. And do I listen to the hypnosis when I go to bed or when I wake up in the middle of the night?
satsujin

Postby Xanth » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:57 am

Do what feels right for you. If the visuals of flying over a landscape feel like they hold your awareness better, then do that. :)
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Xanth » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:58 am

Have you been going through our lessons?
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby satsujin » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:38 am

yes Ive read and watched upto Lesson 2. I looked at the others but they are not relevant until I actually LD from what I can tell.
satsujin

Postby satsujin » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:33 am

Been checking up more on the WILD technique which seems to be similar to what I am trying to do.....going from a wake state to a lucid dream. Many of them mention the stop,drop, roll step which I was not familiar with before this. Any validity to that?
Also, I;m doing RCs about every 30 mins per day. However, my recurring dreamsigns are seeing my brother, father or being in a classroom environment but they have not shown up except once over the last week and seeing them is not particularly odd in my dream so I may not question it.
Another thing is that my digital clock(the large round type) is only 3 feet from my head and I've EM fields can affect your melatonin levels so I don;t know if the clock is too close?
satsujin

Postby satsujin » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:44 am

I just tried meditating with the clock turned off and for the first time in many months I slipped off into daydream mode. For quite some time. I completely lost touch with the physical world as my focus was in the daydream. Is this a good or bad sign? After all, isnt it good that I lost touch with the physical? The bad ofcourse is that I didnt become aware in the daydream --- or that when I did it snapped me back to the real world,,,,,
satsujin

Postby Xanth » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:55 pm

satsujin wrote:Been checking up more on the WILD technique which seems to be similar to what I am trying to do.....going from a wake state to a lucid dream. Many of them mention the stop,drop, roll step which I was not familiar with before this. Any validity to that?
Also, I;m doing RCs about every 30 mins per day. However, my recurring dreamsigns are seeing my brother, father or being in a classroom environment but they have not shown up except once over the last week and seeing them is not particularly odd in my dream so I may not question it.
Another thing is that my digital clock(the large round type) is only 3 feet from my head and I've EM fields can affect your melatonin levels so I don;t know if the clock is too close?

They're not just "similar"... they're exactly the same thing. :)

Going from a waking state to a "lucid dream"... is what you're trying to do when you consciously project. Just replace the term "lucid dream" with anything you want.
Going from a waking state to experiencing the non-physical <-- Is more like how I would word it.

The "stop drop roll" step is just something else for you to focus on to hold your awareness. That's all.

Your clock is fine. :) Don't worry about it. If anything, the light from it, assuming you sleep facing it, might keep you awake.

satsujin wrote:I just tried meditating with the clock turned off and for the first time in many months I slipped off into daydream mode. For quite some time. I completely lost touch with the physical world as my focus was in the daydream. Is this a good or bad sign? After all, isnt it good that I lost touch with the physical? The bad ofcourse is that I didnt become aware in the daydream --- or that when I did it snapped me back to the real world,,,,,

See, as with a normal dream, I would simply call that a "non-physical dream awareness experience". The goal is to make that shift, but also keep your awareness too. :)
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby satsujin » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:47 am

My current issue is that no matter what I do when I wake up at 4am I end up drifting off into normal sleep pretty quickly soon after. This is the problem that I need to work on. Tonight instead of repeating a litany of "Am I dreaming" in the background of my mind I will try and maintain an awareness of myself as I drift into sleep. See how long I can remain aware without dozing off. Maybe even keep my hands behind my head instead of the supine position. Sound good?
satsujin

Postby Xanth » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:29 am

satsujin wrote:My current issue is that no matter what I do when I wake up at 4am I end up drifting off into normal sleep pretty quickly soon after. This is the problem that I need to work on. Tonight instead of repeating a litany of "Am I dreaming" in the background of my mind I will try and maintain an awareness of myself as I drift into sleep. See how long I can remain aware without dozing off. Maybe even keep my hands behind my head instead of the supine position. Sound good?

You might just be too tired? How about going to bed a bit earlier? Getting some better quality sleep?
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby satsujin » Tue Oct 20, 2015 9:56 am

I think my sleep structure is okay as it is. I get about 7-9 hours of sleep per night and also after turning lights off at 11pm always automatically wake up without any alarm around 4am. This is always when I try the WILD technique. I will try and see how long I can stay aware of my inner self tonight. Based on how quickly I fall asleep I may go to bed a bit earlier.
satsujin

Postby satsujin » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:47 am

Okay last night was interesting. First off, I didnt get up first at 4am but 3am instead. I still dozed off but not as soon as usual(about 20 mins later instead of few mins). Then woke up at 4:30 and was unable to get back to sleep again so got out of bed at 5:15. This could have just been one of those days where I simply wasnt sleepy enough.

Then was feeling tired around 8am so went back to bed. This was after having breakfast. Was lying on my side not on my back. Either I saw HI for the first time or had my first lucid dream. Several In fact. 3 or 4, not sure. Each lasted only a few seconds at most. No sounds either. What I tended to see was pixellated video game imagery(buildings and people)..Looked like an atari or Mario game

I was sort of conscious of being in my bed and also of the images showing up as not real. My hand was lying on my side. In the later instances(of the dreams/HI) when I moved my physical hand forward a hand appeared in the the imagery. It was a first person view. The imagery only showed up when I rolled my eyes back in my head and tended to disappear when my eyelids slightly opened. It was difficult to keep them closed. Each time the scene disappeared(when my lids slightly opened) I rerolled my eyes and almost immediately a new scene would appear. I also dont recall if I had been trying to focus on my awareness or just trying to sleep 8(. I THINK I was trying for awareness. Maybe initially but not later when it actually happened. I was basically walking forward in what I saw which is way I think it was a dream and not HI. But I was not intending to walk, just wanted to move into the picture. It may have been HI since I was conscious of being in bed and having a physical body.

I'm pretty confused. What do you think? Any ideas and suggestions would greatly appreciated.
satsujin

Postby Szaxx » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:51 pm

I normally let the scene develop until it surrounds me. The noises heard are from the scene and synchronized too. There's no physical body sense as I focus on the scene and then interact with it.
You're doing fine by the way. The eyes thing can be solved with a sleep mask or resting something on the eyes.
Szaxx

Postby Phantom » Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:34 pm

satsujin wrote:
I've also heard foods like almonds and bananas can be helpful. Is this true? Oh well, maybe even the placebo effect will help. And they are healthy foods!

It depends on what's going on. I find that some foods don't agree with me when I'm doing intense work. Beans for example. I'm better off filling a gas tank with the methane I produce when I eat legumes. I can't trance down when bloated because of eating beans. Caffiene bothered me for awhile but it doesn't so much now.

As far as Meds I think I answered it. Basically if your epileptic you have to stay on the meds or you will fry your brain. Brain damage is not conducive to focus. Your body adapts to them after awhile. I don't think it will interfere. Focus is very important.
Phantom

Postby satsujin » Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:23 pm

Had an interesting dream after watching a subliminal NLP video on lucid dreaming. Dreamt I was a character named Lucid Dreamer in my dream. Did not become lucid though.
satsujin

Postby satsujin » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:57 am

Just found out about All Day Awareness. Is this the same as Vipassana?
The idea of being aware constantly in the waking state so that it flows into the sleep state sort of makes sense to me.
Has this method been successfully incorporated by anyone here?
When I practice it I focus more on sound and touch than vision. Is this okay?
I am also able to hear the Sound of Silence. I know it is not tinnitus because I only hear when I make an attempt to. Does this sound occur in dreams? Becuase if I focus on it ALL the time so I can hear it in life, maybe not hearing it in dreams will make me lucid.
satsujin

PreviousNext

Return to Destynee's Plan - Astral Academy