Hello everyone

Please take a quick minute to introduce yourself and tell us a little about who you are and what brought you here.

Hello everyone

Postby Jack Reacher » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:14 pm

Im Jack, I used to post on a lucid dreaming forum before xanth invited me here. I would like to start off by saying I am a student at university and I coach tennis part time, and I live alone.

The whole out of body experience thing for me has always interested me simply because it is a wonderful experience to have. I would also like to make it clear right from the get go that I used to believe in a lot of non spiritual stuff when I was around 19 when I first moved out, but now that im older I don't believe in any non physical plane, the soul, astral projection etc etc.

I do however have empirical experiences of just well.. wacked out stuff through lucid dreaming. Sometimes instead of having an ordinary dream that takes places in your usual setting on earth, my dreams would be huge abysmal voids that would turn into swirling colours, geometric shapes and planes and such, its something I have always wanted to try do again.

Anyway I look forward to having some interesting discussions with you all on this site, cheers.
A particle physicist is a collection of atoms that have gotten together to observe themselves.
Jack Reacher

Hello everyone

Sponsor Advertisement

Sponsor

Re: Hello everyone

Postby Majic » Wed Mar 20, 2013 2:49 pm

Hi Jack, we post on the same forums and live in the same country and I am in your town about 6 times a year so might make sense to catch up one day and have a beer or two or coffee and talk
Majic

Postby Xanth » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:53 pm

Heya Jack! Welcome to the forum. :)

You say you "used to post"? You're no longer posting over there?

Experiencing "wacked out stuff" through anything is a great place to start any journey!
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Jack Reacher » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:47 pm

Well I do, I never really retire from anything, im just not as active as I used to be. Same will probably hapen to this site, il just linger and stain the board.

Oh yeah why is it called Unlimited Boundaries? That just sounds like a shit load of boundaries.
A particle physicist is a collection of atoms that have gotten together to observe themselves.
Jack Reacher

Postby Xanth » Wed Mar 20, 2013 6:57 pm

Because in the end, this life is all about boundaries... but you're only limited by yourself.
For if there weren't any boundaries, I doubt we would learn much. :)

Come and go as you wish. This place will be here for a very long time. Or at least, I hope so. hehe
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Worldenterer » Wed Mar 20, 2013 7:05 pm

Aww yeah! Jack's here!
It needs to be about 20% cooler.
Worldenterer

Postby Jack Reacher » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:11 am

Xanth wrote:Because in the end, this life is all about boundaries... but you're only limited by yourself.
For if there weren't any boundaries, I doubt we would learn much. :)

Come and go as you wish. This place will be here for a very long time. Or at least, I hope so. hehe

Well then, as for breaking personal boundaries mind if I give some advise on stuff that works for me? This is more of an artistic/strategic approach.

Basically look at the arguements against your position, and adopt them as your own for a while. Or at least, take on an assumption about the world or even yourself that you didn't agree with and try it out for a while. As you move through your day to day stuff you see how things fit in with this view. After a while, you may even agree with it, thus changing an entire boundary or aspect of yourself.
Jack Reacher

Postby astralzombie » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:23 pm

Hi Jack.

We always hear plenty from projectors who believe this is all spiritual and we all give plenty of personal experiences as to why we believe that. The naysayers just give us all scientific view points and not much else in the way of personal experiences. Science does a great (sometimes not) job in telling us how things are but they never tell us why.

Do you have any personal experiences that have led you to the meat based theory. If so, I would love to hear them. :)
astralzombie

Postby Jack Reacher » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:52 pm

Well after a long time of being on the spiritual side I guess the opposite happened, that is, nothing really happened. Sure I had loads of strange lucid dreams but not just dreams but weird projections into deep voids of my own creation. However as far as spiritual planes and such goes... well I just stopped believing it existed because I felt no reason to believe it I guess.

Soon after that I started asking myself, what if this is it, what if this universe is the only universe out there, it doesn't matter why or how, it just happened to be the truth. That life is just a physical fluke created by a random physical process. After thinking like that I just sorta turned away. I don't have scientific proof to proove any of this stuff wrong (mostly because most of it is unfalsible anyway) I just simply have no reason for believing in it.

I wouldn't be so quick to call me beliefs meat based though, lately I have been struggling to define exactly what the dream world is made of if everything is physical, I dont think anyone would believe me if I said the dreamscape could be reduced to atoms. Still that doesn't give me enough to leap to the conclusion that its some abstract plane, to me its basically in my minds eye.
Jack Reacher

Postby Xanth » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:00 pm

Jack Reacher wrote:Well after a long time of being on the spiritual side I guess the opposite happened, that is, nothing really happened. Sure I had loads of strange lucid dreams but not just dreams but weird projections into deep voids of my own creation. However as far as spiritual planes and such goes... well I just stopped believing it existed because I felt no reason to believe it I guess.

Soon after that I started asking myself, what if this is it, what if this universe is the only universe out there, it doesn't matter why or how, it just happened to be the truth. That life is just a physical fluke created by a random physical process. After thinking like that I just sorta turned away. I don't have scientific proof to proove any of this stuff wrong (mostly because most of it is unfalsible anyway) I just simply have no reason for believing in it.

I wouldn't be so quick to call me beliefs meat based though, lately I have been struggling to define exactly what the dream world is made of if everything is physical, I dont think anyone would believe me if I said the dreamscape could be reduced to atoms. Still that doesn't give me enough to leap to the conclusion that its some abstract plane, to me its basically in my minds eye.

There's a reason really for that.

It's hard to explain it really, since all this stuff is so abstract and subjective, but Spirituality isn't what you experience... it's the transformation that becomes you.

It's kind of interesting too, because I asked myself that same question too... and I came to an entirely different conclusion. Perspective, perhaps? Who knows... lol
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Jack Reacher » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:50 pm

Im not really talking about spirituality, im talking about why I don't really believe in non physical planes or astral planes and such.
Jack Reacher

Postby Bedeekin » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:29 am

This is an interesting Lecture Jack....

This man once believed his electromagnetic helmet could induce OOBEs.
Bedeekin

Return to Introduce Yourself