Dream you're dead

Any questions you have regarding any of the following experiences: Astral Projections, Out of Body Experiences, Real Time Zone Projections, Phasing, Projection, Lucid Dreaming, Sleep Paralysis, etc... ask them here.

Dream you're dead

Postby ChopstickFox » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:48 pm

Every so often I have one of these. Consciously I would think that they'd be terrifying, but apparently they're not that daunting when they happen. I think this was brought up a while ago on the Pulse, but I think it's an interesting concept. I'll share the bits from my last one and we can share our experiences with each other.

I was in a house. I recognized the neighborhood in the dream, but I never saw it before in the physical. It seemed much farther north in an older area. The houses were pretty large, old tall oaks, vibrant green grass. There were other people in the neighborhood and someone had died. I think murdered. I was investigating trying to find out what happened. When I was in one of the houses, I think I was attacked. It all happened so fast, but it didn't take me long to discover that I was dead and now pretty basically a ghost. It was pretty much like being out of body. I wasn't floating around though and the storyline remained unchanged and vivid. There were other people I was worried about. I walked outside and across the street and for some reason I was worried that people would see me. haha... I felt a pull back to my body and wandered back. It felt uncomfortable. I wasn't sucked back over to it, I just wandered back. Suddenly I was alive again. In the bathroom of the house I was in when I died. Covered in blood. I don't remember pain, but I was bleeding profusely. The blood looked almost like oil or something, it was so thick. It shifted to another dream at that point, completely unrelated where I found myself on some sort of space station that was totally decked out 80s style.

Near death experience dream? :P
ChopstickFox

Dream you're dead

Sponsor Advertisement

Sponsor

Re: Dream you're dead

Postby Xanth » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:13 pm

Well, a NDE in a dream is really no different (in my opinion) to a NDE physically. It's all just a matter of perspective really.
Remember, what we call "death" doesn't really exist... it's simply a shift of awareness or perspective. Nothing really happens beyond moving PERMANENTLY between reality frames.

The big difference is that to dream that you're dead or dying is nothing permanent.
Although, through the experiences I've had to dreaming that I'm dying, the dreams usually just end.

That, in itself, should give us a clue about our dying physically. :)
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Szaxx » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:12 am

I started thread on the pulse ' ways to die...' or something like that. The interest wasn't that good, mostly a scarey subject.
Szaxx

Postby ChopstickFox » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:22 pm

It is a scary subject, but following the patterns of NDE, they aren't necessarily scary at the time of occurrence. I think that's part of what is so intriguing about them. Especially when you consider that NDE are sometimes dismissed as hallucinations from a dying mind. How can that be true if it can be simulated completely mentally. Unless we're all programmed that way or something. Pre scripted. In case of death: hallucinate and be not afraid. I try to make light on the subject.
ChopstickFox

Postby CFTraveler » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:05 pm

I used to dream I died, in many ways. I would always wake up right after. Then later on in life, something happened in the dream (won't share here, too personal) where I chose to take the leap and die. After that, I haven't died in dreams any more. Once I had what had been a recurring dream (plane crash) but in the dream I (we) survived the crash.
FWIW.
CFTraveler

Location: Beware of one which tells you to put down a book and then later tells you to read another.

Postby Xanth » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:52 pm

That instant of dying in a dream, then immediately physically waking up upon the death... that's what I believe the transition will be like when you physically die here.
You'll "die" then wake up somewhere else. :)

It's trippy to think about it like that... but I think we "die" each time we fall asleep and wake up. Obviously not physical death, but dying in the sense that you're shifting perception to somewhere else.
Xanth
Site Admin

Return to Projection Discussions & Questions