Dream that questions my spiritual progression

Did you have an experience and wish to share and/or discuss it? Post it here!

Postby Xanth » Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:22 pm

I posted this elsewhere on the forum, but I want it to be in its own thread as well to entice discussion.

I believe as a lot of people do that our dreams can tell us a lot about ourselves.
In our dreams, our actions and reactions come more from the "being" level, instead of the usual "intellectual" level while we're physically awake.

I had a dream this morning that really made me question my spiritual progression... it was an experience where I "lost my cool" during a certain situation/scenario...
In it, I was with some people in my car parked somewhere... I had left for a few minutes to go to the store and when I came back I found they had moved my car to another location. I found it quickly enough (strangely enough lol), but I became pretty angry at this and yelled at them to get out and leave. I don't really understand why I became so violently angry... so much so that I began throwing their items out of the car, at which point one hit a car driving past us, and then began altercations with that driver for why it happened and insurance and all that stuff. LOL

But, I can recognize after the fact that my anger simply made the situation worse... and it being the non-physical, it began a downward spiral in the experience which, even if I was lucidly or astrally aware, I wouldn't have been able to save.

I analyzed the experience afterwards and I came to the conclusion that it was telling me that I still have a long way to go on my spiritual path towards controlling myself and I must never get cocky about myself.
It REALLY made me question my spiritual path... not in the sense of wanting or needing to leave it, just in that I need to make some personal changes to my attitude.

Thoughts? Opinions?
Anyone have any dreams such as this that have given you a close look into your own life?
Xanth
Site Admin

Sponsor Advertisement

Sponsor

Re: Dream that questions my spiritual progression

Postby Sinera » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:10 am

In one of the Monroe Institute's Explorer series there is a woman telling (or channelling) about so-called 'emotional capsules' opened in dreams which are indeed either tests or things to work through as a kind of self-therapy.

I had these strange dreams occasionally where one of these 'emo-caps' (as I came to call them) were opened to be experienced deliberately, as it seems.

Some are the usual ANGER or VIOLENCE related stuff. But there's more.

We all know FEAR dreams of course as another emotion test.

But do you know what actually was the worst for me?

It was DEPRESSION !!!

Really, that's by far the worst! In one dream I had this abolute SADNESS, SELF-PITY and deep RESIGNATION. This kind of giving up on oneself is what makes me remember this specific dream with shivers. I don't want to experience THAT a second time. Actually in this dream a girl came up to me (possibly a helper, self-aspect or former incarnation as I knew her from before) and told me in a harsh tone to finally "pull myself together again"! (Not that it really had an effect, I was too much down the hole then).

What I want to say is that it needn't be a sign of a lack of spiritual development necessarily to experience fear, anger, or depression in dreams. Mostly in dreams I am un-emotional and without fear and to me it really seemed like a deliberate opening of this "EMOCAP" to be experienced and (probably?) learnt from.

Just my two cents.
Sinera

Postby Szaxx » Mon Jun 10, 2013 1:21 am

Wow, lots of these tests performed on others. I too have had a bunch of anger related experiences. Last nights I was angry at something, no recall on what but a foyl mindset. It had to be quashed as the 'opponent' appeared. He was about 7 feet tall and built like the hulk. Um glad I toned it down. He walked past with his onterage and I woke up. It reallty made me think, violence promotes violence and nothing is achieved this way.
Xanth, its something you should recognise instinctively and control. If there's a good reason for it then ok. If not then think hard. Another thread on here about thinking before action is very pertinent.

We're only human, this may be a cause for concern.
Lol.
Szaxx

Postby Justin » Mon Jun 10, 2013 3:49 am

I've had several dreams in which I woke up pretty shocked by my actions. In one case, I was being followed by a gang member (covered in tattoos, with a gun, etc). I turned around to see what he wanted. It became clear that he was going to rob or kill me - I struggled for the gun and shot him in the head. The shocking part (besides shooting him) was that I yelled out, "bang, your dead #$#@ %#@!" and then began laughing like I had lost my marbles. Slowly though, it struck me that it was too easy to get the gun and shoot the man. Then I realized how "out of character" I was acting. It suddenly felt very much like a failed test. I woke up later feeling pretty stunned by my actions. There have been other similar situations, once with a child molester that I almost choked to death - again not something I would normally plan on doing or feel the need to do. On the other hand, there have been times where it was tilted in the opposite direction and I did something or reacted in a way that seemed to transcend my normal level of being.

So, my hunch up to this point has been that these types of scenarios aren't always exact reflections of who we currently are, but maybe situations aimed at giving us various clues and nudges to encourage us down certain paths of questioning and self discovery. The idea being that this situations aren't used to point out our errors and flaws, but instead to point out which way to go next - like leading a bird with bread crumbs. Just my current thoughts.
Justin

Postby Majic » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:28 am

I have my share in the past of these dreams and had one a while back but the interpretation was different. In that case after losing my rag over something simple in the dream I started laughing and realized that the reaction was how i used to be, so it was a past reaction and not how I am now so I got to see the change.
Majic

Postby luciddreamer » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:52 pm

i just just had a lucid dream i was at my old school i was trying to talk to my mate but i got very angry for no reason becouse he wasent responding then i lost controll and started to punch people. iv never noticed how mutch emontions can influence actions to make us lose lucidaty.
luciddreamer

Postby astralzombie » Sat Jun 15, 2013 4:09 pm

This could have easily been one of my dreams. Since I'm a pretty calm and rational guy, my dreams in which I act out like this do catch my attention but I don't recall ever gaining my full awareness in one like this. I cam remember thinking about how bad the consequences were gonna be but I still lashed out and couldn't gain enough awareness to stop. And like you said, I couldn't "fix" the situation even if I did.

I remember astralcody from the pulse talking about how violent his dreams were becoming that he was actually worried. I think you pretty much got it right when you said that this dream is just pointing out that you still have some work to do. Unless the Plaedians actually help us all become 4th dimensional beings in the next few months :shock: :o :? :lol: , I think we all have some work to do ;) .
astralzombie

Postby ChopstickFox » Sat Jun 15, 2013 11:53 pm

I don't find it unusual to behave different than expected. What's really wild is a complete personality change. As for the actual content of the dream and how we act... Well, we all know there's always more to learn. Perhaps some things are shown to us for a reason. Not necessarily to point out some fault or flaw. It provokes thought. Ideas. I guess some introspection. More can be learned when something goes unexpected than going smoothly as expected all the time. Unexpected or different may not mean negative at all.
ChopstickFox

Postby luciddreamer » Sun Jun 16, 2013 2:08 pm

i noticed dream yoga is carmig my me more in my dreams when violent things happen it also works with mindfullness
luciddreamer

Postby Jettins » Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:43 am

Xanth wrote:But, I can recognize after the fact that my anger simply made the situation worse... and it being the non-physical, it began a downward spiral in the experience which, even if I was lucidly or astrally aware, I wouldn't have been able to save.

I analyzed the experience afterwards and I came to the conclusion that it was telling me that I still have a long way to go on my spiritual path towards controlling myself and I must never get cocky about myself.
It REALLY made me question my spiritual path... not in the sense of wanting or needing to leave it, just in that I need to make some personal changes to my attitude.

You will be shown your temperament so that you may adjust into the psychological profile required for your goals. Temperament includes: manner of thinking, reaction to things, dispositions. It will operate outside the control of the objective lucid dreamer so that it may reveal itself. It is a process of the subconscious mind. In trying to work with elements of it, it will render itself as the experience and it will operate outside your focal awareness. The stronger the intention to adjust such behaviors, the more prevalent it may present itself during an experience for your benefit. Since it operates at the subconscious level it destroys intuition, therefore it blocks perception.

Think of it as an air conditioner filter trapping a useless particle (energy). When the filter becomes of a higher filtering capacity (because the higher quality of the intentions and goals), the size of the useless particle becomes magnified, not because it became a bigger problem, but because it was brought forth into greater awareness after you woke up.

When intuition becomes compromised it will reduce the possibilities that the objective lucid mind has for apparent choice, it then bounds itself, and it confines itself in a type of self-sustained cocoon, or in other words finding comfort (by perpetuating inadequate temperaments) in the walls and boundaries that block the perceptions, therefore the realizations. It further reduce the apparent potential for choice, it reduces "lucidity", it tricks you into a "lucid lie or objective lie", it stagnates, it creates selective memory for the diseased. It is the evil or destructive brother of intuition; it is the deceiving brother of the objective lucid mind. I will have stories that clearly expand on this at some point. I will need to get into the different paradigms of those in the non-physical side.

The psychological adjustments (when goal oriented) can be used in preparation to increase the intuition that may be required to unblock the perceptions and visions that will be very beneficial for you in the long run. In trying to say too much in a short space I run the risk of reading unclear.
Jettins

Postby Conscious » Mon Sep 02, 2013 2:34 pm

Xanth,if you're interested, watch this

I am not a follower of no master, I try to find my way through myself and my inner truth. I do like some teachings of Sri Bhagavan. As I like teachings of other masters and ordinary people. I am posting this also as I have a personal experience with this phenomena: I had my dirt dug out. Here's my story:

I am a loving mom to two young and lovely kids. For almost 8 years I have been putting them first above all. I believed it to be right, I felt it to be right. This summer, things happened and I had to question myself, because I met that part of myself which would have left my children, husband and life behind, leave them and just travel around the world. I am not talking about being angry one night and having thoughts. I technically found out that there is a big part of me, just as big as the one labelled "loving mom", which would be willing to ditch all she lived for. This part is alive every day and is as strong as my other, "better looking " part. I call her "the bitch". We are good friends now. The most scary part was when I realized I did not want to hide her, bury her, kill her, I WANTED to HONOR her! She's been in hiding for so long! It's not that I have been neglecting myself for long (which I have, in fact, but that's another part). It really is the fact that this being is part of myself. Regardless of how ugly she looked to my other "nice" part, I am growing to love her. I did some other work on her (meditation type, one in which I am trained in). Funny thing is that within maybe 10 days after that my husband came with the idea that he could take some time off work and we could go round the world!
On a daily bases, I try to be in touch with this "bitch". I listen to her and I act in respect to her "feelings".
I am changing. I haven't left so far ;) , and I am feeling more whole. Most of the time ;) . It's almost like "the bitch" brings joy to my life...

What I am trying to say is that we all choose a certain way of growth. You can call it spiritual growth. You astral guys use tools such as dreams and your teachings may come this way. I have had a way of growing (or the way has had me?) and so my teachings also come in a certain way.

I am quite curious what happens if I mix my tools and yours ;).

Regarding "emotional capsules" - this is the cell memory theory. Or shall I say, practice as I do have some experience on that, LOL. Emotions are stored in cells and they live their lives of their own unless we release them. The way of release may be diverse, perhaps also through dreams etc.?????
Conscious

Postby Xanth » Mon Sep 02, 2013 3:50 pm

I just quickly edited your post to add the youtube tags for the video. :)
We support embedding here. \o/

And thank you! I'll definitely give that a watch soon! :)
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby mini stapler » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:18 pm

Xanth wrote:I posted this elsewhere on the forum, but I want it to be in its own thread as well to entice discussion.

I believe as a lot of people do that our dreams can tell us a lot about ourselves.
In our dreams, our actions and reactions come more from the "being" level, instead of the usual "intellectual" level while we're physically awake.

I had a dream this morning that really made me question my spiritual progression... it was an experience where I "lost my cool" during a certain situation/scenario...
In it, I was with some people in my car parked somewhere... I had left for a few minutes to go to the store and when I came back I found they had moved my car to another location. I found it quickly enough (strangely enough lol), but I became pretty angry at this and yelled at them to get out and leave. I don't really understand why I became so violently angry... so much so that I began throwing their items out of the car, at which point one hit a car driving past us, and then began altercations with that driver for why it happened and insurance and all that stuff. LOL

But, I can recognize after the fact that my anger simply made the situation worse... and it being the non-physical, it began a downward spiral in the experience which, even if I was lucidly or astrally aware, I wouldn't have been able to save.

Thoughts? Opinions?
Anyone have any dreams such as this that have given you a close look into your own life?

Ok Xanth, just for laughs, here we go, putting my 'In no way qualified psychological dream interpreter' hat on... :ugeek:

Your relationship with the car represents control. You let your guard down by leaving the car unattended, you came back to find the car had gone, and you obviously had not been the one to move it, as you were buying snacks and what not from the store... Your control was perceived to have been taken away from you. Though you found the car fast enough, as you put it, you were still pissed about your car being moved, your control being taken away; so you got mad and expressed it by attempting to remove all traces of the force that you perceived to have taken away your control, yelling at the people to get out and leave and then chucking out their possessions.

Now the altercation began with the driver about why it happened and insurance, this random guy was questioning your actions, thus questioning your reaction to having your control in this situation taken away, I presume because you didn't say other wise that you defended your position with the same mood as you did in the initial phase of the dream...

'In no way qualified psychological dream interpreter' hat off! :D

What ever your dream was really saying I think we all have these exact same dreams, they're like looking in the mirror and seeing you look like a mess, or maybe you look awesome! 8-) Maybe you care that you have green paint on your face :oops: so you go clean it off, or maybe you don't and you go out rocking your new facial accessory! :mrgreen:
Absolute looney tune.
mini stapler

Return to Projection Experiences