Dream Journals

Any questions you have regarding any of the following experiences: Astral Projections, Out of Body Experiences, Real Time Zone Projections, Phasing, Projection, Lucid Dreaming, Sleep Paralysis, etc... ask them here.

Dream Journals

Postby Chimpy » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:56 am

Just wondering, Is it better to actually write (longhand) your dream journal or is it ok to use a word processor and do it on the computer? Does it make a difference?
Chimpy

Dream Journals

Sponsor Advertisement

Sponsor

Re: Dream Journals

Postby Xanth » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:47 am

Chimpy wrote:Just wondering, Is it better to actually write (longhand) your dream journal or is it ok to use a word processor and do it on the computer? Does it make a difference?

Hi there Chimpy, welcome to the forums! :)

Actually, it makes no difference if you hand write it or type it out in any format, whatever works best and easiest for you to do on a regular basis and right upon waking.
The value of the journal is that you're able to go back and remember those experiences more easily. This also has the side effect that you're able to remember and recognize dream symbolism that you've previously experienced in an effort to recognize when they happen again in a dream... this will allow you to become aware in the dream. :)

If you would like, I can create a Personal Dream Journal for you here? Just let me know.

Again, welcome to the forum. I hope you have a good time here. :)
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Chimpy » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:36 am

Are the Personal dream journals scure? or can anyone view them?
Thanks.
Chimpy

Postby Xanth » Sat Sep 07, 2013 4:25 pm

Chimpy wrote:Are the Personal dream journals scure? or can anyone view them?
Thanks.

Usually, I set them so that only you can post in them, but anyone can read them. I can set it to full private for you.

Lemme know. :-)
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Methiculous » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:18 am

Remembering a dream always starts with your own mind first. I find it helps a lot to relive the dream in your head first as you are laying in bed. Even if you only remember a fragment, think about what happened next or what happened before. Work backward to the first point you remember and then play it out in your head again from start to finish.

Then I get up and write it on paper in note form. If it's not time to wake up yet, I go back to sleep and do it again.

When I get up for good, I then take those notes and write them out in full detail on a word processor. They are handy tools, because bad handwriting is not an issue and you can even search for key words if you want to find that specific dream you had a while ago, but forget when. And I always put the date at the top too and each month I start a new file.

That's my method, but I must admit, I get lazy sometimes because it can be very labour intensive. I have a few blank spots in my word processor journal, and have ten or so papers filled with notes that don't make much sense to me anymore because memory fades fast.

But as long as you relive the dream in your head before getting out of bed, I find that in the very least is a great practice to help remember dreams better. Journals keep a record of dreams for the ages though if you have the time and patience.
I close my eyes and see what I can see, whatever it may be.
It could be the sea, or I could see a bee.
Don't you see? It doesn't matter to me. Just let it be!
(written by a great poet after a dream... ME!)
Methiculous

Postby Xanth » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:33 am

I've always been amazed at my notes.
For the times I do take notes, I jot down single words regarding the experience... I might have a list of 5 - 10 words.
Then when I read them later, those 5 - 10 words bring back the ENTIRE experience in full memory. Really neat how our minds work. :)
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Taoistguy » Tue Sep 10, 2013 2:20 am

I may have to resort to code cos my dreams get longer and more detailed. And I have more since I started my dream journal. :|
Taoistguy

Postby Szaxx » Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:55 am

Hee hee,
meet Johnny Mnemonic.
Far faster than words.
Easy to read for yourself and saves time while the memory is fresh or the echo exists later.
Szaxx

Postby Taoistguy » Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:03 pm

Szaxx wrote:Hee hee,
meet Johnny Mnemonic.
Far faster than words.
Easy to read for yourself and saves time while the memory is fresh or the echo exists later.

'Echo'. I like that. Or 'ripples'.
:)
Taoistguy

Postby Szaxx » Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:36 pm

Many events are relived over the decades of life. These seem to trigger some echoes at night while dreaming or on an outing. Some are just as clear as back in the 70's. I named these echoes.
Then Pink Floyd brought an album out, that settled it for me.
:lol:
Szaxx

Postby Zagadka » Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:28 pm

I used to hand write my dreams when I started... but it get pretty tough on my hand! It's much faster and easier to use the computer! ;)
Stand tall and shake the heavens
Zagadka

Postby Majic » Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:43 pm

I hand write into journals and it can be as simple as a few bullet points to a detailed story but never fill up more that 2 or 3 pages. After a while it just seems to flow and I dont really need much effort to get out what I want. I also put lots of simple sketches in and have around 6 books filled now and will go back are read from time to time.
Majic

Postby Methiculous » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:45 pm

I write bullet points too on paper while still in bed. Then I go back to sleep. I sometimes wake up with a whole page, double sided.
But if I don't flesh it out into sentences, they don't make much sense to me after a few days and I lose a lot of the details.
And when writing full sentences and paragraphs it is always easier on a computer, typing it.
The only problem is adding sketches on a computer, but I could just draw them on paper and keep it with the printed version.

I printed my dream journal out a few months ago that I have accumulated over two years. I have about 500 pages! (I used both sides to save paper though) (And that's not that much considering it's only an average of 1.5 per day. Some days I write 4 and other days I was lazy and wrote 0). I still haven't read them all in their entirety, but one day, when I am in the mood, I plan to sit down and read them all. I will have a pen in my hand too and make notes in the margins and I am curious to see just how many times I have been lucid in two years. I actually don't know and can only guess. But that is the point of dream journals. They are for our future selves to reflect on, and now that I am writing this I am looking forward to it now.
I close my eyes and see what I can see, whatever it may be.
It could be the sea, or I could see a bee.
Don't you see? It doesn't matter to me. Just let it be!
(written by a great poet after a dream... ME!)
Methiculous

Return to Projection Discussions & Questions