Do you still get duped by your dreams?

Any questions you have regarding any of the following experiences: Astral Projections, Out of Body Experiences, Real Time Zone Projections, Phasing, Projection, Lucid Dreaming, Sleep Paralysis, etc... ask them here.

Postby Methiculous » Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:10 pm

This is a question for people who have had many years of experience projecting, lucid dreaming.
I have about two years now under my belt.

BUT I STILL GET DUPED!
I've reached a point where I am surprised when I am NOT lucid. All the signs and pieces of the puzzle were there, but I just didn't put it all together.
False Awakenings can be very convincing!
Or I can be 1% away from lucidity with all my rational thought and in a very vivid dream that flows at 'normal time' as though it is real, but I just can't figure it out sometimes.

I might question an anomaly and there is always an explanation even if it means coming up with a False Memory!

When a lucid dream ends and it fades to black I always remind my self that there is a big chance that it will be a false awakening and it usually is and I do a reality check and can stay lucid. But not always... (depending on just HOW lucid I actually was. A light level of lucidity can lead to a non-lucid dream/false awakening very easily)

BUT WHAT I AM ASKING IS, FOR ALL THOSE WHO HAVE MUCH MORE EXPERIENCE THAN ME, DO YOU EVER OUT GROW IT? OR DO WE ALWAYS JUST GET DUPED AND FOOLED SOMETIMES AND CAN'T HELP IT?
I close my eyes and see what I can see, whatever it may be.
It could be the sea, or I could see a bee.
Don't you see? It doesn't matter to me. Just let it be!
(written by a great poet after a dream... ME!)
Methiculous

Sponsor Advertisement

Sponsor

Re: Do you still get duped by your dreams?

Postby ChopstickFox » Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:20 pm

Every so often I get a wild string of false awakenings, sometimes within each other. And other times I won't be the typical "lucid", but I will be perfectly aware that I'm dreaming. I'd like to think there's purpose beyond it. There's much to learn and I don't think the end all is having lucid dreams. So the question is... are we really being duped? :D
ChopstickFox

Postby Methiculous » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:08 pm

ChopstickFox wrote:There's much to learn and I don't think the end all is having lucid dreams. So the question is... are we really being duped?

I do enjoy my non-lucid dreams too. I would hate to be conscious ME all the time. A regular dream is the best respite from reality. The ultimate vacation from, 'self'.
But sometimes, I already pose the question to myself, "Am I dreaming? This must be a dream?" And I get duped, even though I was actually questioning it. I might see my digital clock that has weird symbols on it, then I look and of course, it is only halfway plugged in! Makes sense to me at the time! That's why, of course! DO'H! (I lose all sense of how digital machinery is actually suppose to work... or my limited knowledge of it.) Stuff like that. It just makes sense at the time.

Lionheart wrote:My False awakenings have pretty well become non existent now. I used to have them quit a bit.

I expect them to happen after a lucid dream now, and am not as 'duped' as I use to be. But it still happens. I use to get sleep paralysis a lot, which is basically a false awakening nightmare. I out grew that, (for the most part. I don't find it scary anymore but can still happen), and maybe false awakening are the next one to conquer after more experience. But then again they are both fun... yes even sleep paralysis nightmares leave a lasting memory... especially when you conquer it!

I don't care if I get duped or not, dreams are fun either way and fun to recall. But I wonder if anyone with lots of experience still wakes up and goes.... D'OH! (Should of known....)
Methiculous

Postby Jettins » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:18 pm

Lionheart wrote: I awaken in my Dreams consciously aware, KNOWING that I am indeed in a Dream.

I will add this to my prep list. Thank you sir.
Jettins

Postby Methiculous » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:44 pm

Lionheart wrote:I would awaken in my Dreams every single night, but I wouldn't react like I knew I was Dreaming.

Do you mean, aware that it's a dream to an extent, but not aware of who you are?
I get this too. Call it what you will. Semi-lucid, half lucid.
Basically, you know it is not reality that you normally experience when awake, and yet, you have a complete amnesia of yourself. Your ego-sense-of self is thrown out and you are left with the primal you. (no age, gender, job, possessions.... the REAL you)

As I lucid dream more, I get more of these type of semi-lucid dreams without questioning it. I am wondering if this is happening because I am so use to the dream life I have gotten so accustomed to it that it doesn't phase me anymore. (Sure, I can just float there and it's perfectly normal! I do this all the time and no need to question it!)

Like Xanth said, and others agree, sense of self identity in the dream is the key difference. Astral Awareness is how he puts it, (I think). Lack of self-amnesia is how I put it. :lol: But it's the same thing. Just funny labels. And it is the difference between kinda-lucid, and wow-man-I-can't-believe-this-is-not-butter-LUCID!

(Sometimes I have a lucid dream, but I am not 'ME', but when I am, it feels much, much different.)
Methiculous

Postby Methiculous » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:10 am

So you assumed it was some alternate reality and accepted it as your own? I sometimes get duped that way too, similarly, but not exactly the same as your example.
I will see a dead relative and tell others around, "You know, where I come from he's dead". I know it's not real, but instead of thinking it was a dream, I actually accept that it is a different dimension or an alternate timeline of what could have been. And in this one they happen to be alive. It just made sense to me at the time, and never considered a reality check or even asking myself if it was a dream or not. I was either fooled by the realism of the dream.... or maybe there ARE other realities as even physicists agree, and we can visit them.... or not. Hard to prove one way or the other, but it can certainly FEEL that way!
Methiculous

Postby CFTraveler » Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:59 am

I quick-scanned this thread and got a bit confused at what it's really about. Are you talking about being lucid yet not necessarily, as in accepting the 'other reality', or do you mean false awakenings? (It seems like two separate themes).
If so, I don't get a lot of false awakenings any more, but when I get them, they get me. In the past 17 years, I think that I've had only one. But it got me. FWIW.

I think I've already shared how I process reality and LD (because of how long I've been practicing this) differently, making the line blurrier.
CFTraveler

Location: Beware of one which tells you to put down a book and then later tells you to read another.

Postby Xanth » Mon Jul 01, 2013 2:50 pm

I think he's talking about having a dream awareness experience (aka a DREAM) and simply not realizing that you're experiencing the non-physical.

And yes, I wake up quite often from a dream... and I think to myself, "wow, how could I not know I was dreaming there?!".
It just seems so obvious when you have your conscious mind available to analyze the situation, but that's just it really. The reason you didn't recognize the dream for what it is is because your conscious mind wasn't available to analyze the scenario. If it was, you would have already been at least lucidly aware.
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby astralzombie » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:30 pm

I wouldn't say I get duped but I certainly wake up and think to myself, "Damn, I thought that was physically real." Which is a stubborn mans way of saying, "Damn, I just got duped."

To me there is no such thing as a false reality, there are only realities that we are not currently interfaced to interact with physically.
astralzombie

Postby Methiculous » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:22 pm

Xanth wrote:I think he's talking about having a dream awareness experience (aka a DREAM) and simply not realizing that you're experiencing the non-physical.

And yes, I wake up quite often from a dream... and I think to myself, "wow, how could I not know I was dreaming there?!".

Yea, that's what I mean. And I can come up with the most bizarre reasoning to back it up and fool me when I am almost lucid in a dream and already know it is not normal reality. I once thought I was hallucinating on LSD and it somehow made perfect sense to me at the time. I was avoiding my family because I didn't want them to know I was tripping balls! D'OH! Several times, I thought I was lucid-sleep-walking around my house and tried to leave a note for myself after waking up. I knew I was dreaming because I was seeing things that I knew were not there, but felt like I was actually moving my body around the house. D'OH! I once thought I was put in a virtual reality and didn't know how I got there or who was in charge and I went around punching people and demanding to know who was doing this to me! D'OH! :lol:

And all I had to do was realize I was dreaming..... , so simple but it escapes me sometimes.

CFTraveler wrote:I don't get a lot of false awakenings any more, but when I get them, they get me. In the past 17 years, I think that I've had only one.

I think this answers my question and Lionheart too said, he doesn't get them anymore either. So I guess it is just a phase that we outgrow with more experience. It gets harder to be fooled after each experience and we learn from them.
Methiculous

Postby ChopstickFox » Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:15 am

Sometimes I can't tell my false awakenings from my periodic wake ups in the morning... I'm getting into the habit of asking my husband if things actually happened or not. It's pretty funny when they haven't... xD Especially conversations! "Did we talk about _____ earlier?" "Um... no..." "Alright, just checking."

haha!
ChopstickFox

Return to Projection Discussions & Questions