DEFENSE AND OFFENSE Techniques or advices while OBE/ASTRAL ?

Any questions you have regarding any of the following experiences: Astral Projections, Out of Body Experiences, Real Time Zone Projections, Phasing, Projection, Lucid Dreaming, Sleep Paralysis, etc... ask them here.

DEFENSE AND OFFENSE Techniques or advices while OBE/ASTRAL ?

Postby ob1 » Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:31 am

Hi,

i wanted to know if someone could help me regarding defense and offense in the astral realms ? Ive already read some things,mainly creating or projecting light towards them or creating weapons of light and using it against them.Of course i read about the shielding too.

So my question are this :

what do most of you do when confronted with lower entities/negative entities ?

Do you go on attacking or defending yourself or use some other tactics ?

If possible is there a way of not having to attack them ?

I personally would prefer a way that does not involve violence if possible.
ob1
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:16 am
Location: Canada
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 0 time

DEFENSE AND OFFENSE Techniques or advices while OBE/ASTRAL ?

Sponsor Advertisement

Sponsor
 

Re: DEFENSE AND OFFENSE Techniques or advices while OBE/ASTR

Postby Xanth » Tue Oct 21, 2014 6:23 pm

First, and this is the big one, realize that "fighting" (usually in the negative connotation) isn't a good thing... what you focus on is what you'll experience.
Always treat everything with Love while non-physical. This includes even your main Intent for why you're projecting in the first place... do that, and you won't have to worry about anything to defend against. :)

So what tactic do I use? Remaining positive, and KNOW (don't simply believe) that nothing can hurt me. I'm consciousness... what exactly is there to hurt? Everything around me is also me... so am I to hurt myself?

If you'd prefer non-violence, then you're already in a better place than most. :)
User avatar
Xanth
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1127
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:01 am
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Has thanked: 68 times
Been thanked: 111 times

Re: DEFENSE AND OFFENSE Techniques or advices while OBE/ASTR

Postby ob1 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 5:56 am

Yes i understand that,fighting and violence will lead to more fighting and violence and or hatred like you say negative stuff.

Now you mention love,lets just say that i have no clue what love is .I do however feel empathy and compassion towards people ,but mainly i care about people's well being but i cant say that i love people as i dont recall ever experiencing it.Therefore what would you suggest i do ?

Ok well i will follow what you say i hope its going to work.

Well yeah i prefer non violence as i am so sick of it.We live in a world of violence and especially in movies/tv shows video games thats all there is.The worst part for me is the dreams,sometimes i can have a full month were im being chased by people who want to kill me.Its pretty annoying.

So basically if i somehow get to a lower realm and im being swarmed and attacked,i simply follow your advice and they wont be able to harm me in any way ?
Last edited by ob1 on Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ob1
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:16 am
Location: Canada
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: DEFENSE AND OFFENSE Techniques or advices while OBE/ASTR

Postby Xanth » Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:51 am

ob1 wrote:Yes i understand that,fighting and violence will lead to more fighting and violence and or hatred like you say negative stuff.

Now you mention love,lets just say that i have no clue what love is ,i mean ive had a few girlfriends but i was always drunk or whatever .I do however feel empathy and compassion towards people ,but mainly i care about people's well being but i cant say that i love people as i dont recall ever experiencing it.Therefore what would you suggest i do ?

That's the confusion that everyone makes.

There's "love" (which is what you're talking about)... then there's "Love" (the kind I speak of).

The opposite of "love" is hate.
The opposite of "Love" is fear.

It's about the purity of your Intent... or the "action" behind the choices you make. Are they based on "Love" or are the based on "Fear".
Read this article I wrote: http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/2014/ ... -growth-2/

Ok well i will follow what you say i hope its going to work.

Well yeah i prefer non violence as i am so sick of it.We live in a world of violence and especially in movies/tv shows video games thats all there is.The worst part for me is the dreams,sometimes i can have a full month were im being chased by people who want to kill me.Its pretty annoying.

So basically if i somehow get to a lower realm and im being swarmed and attacked,i simply follow your advice and they wont be able to harm me in any way ?

Your "dreams" (or as I call them 'dream awareness experiences') are a kind of reflection of our current state of mind. For whatever reason, you must have felt (even subconsciously) that you were being chased.
User avatar
Xanth
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1127
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:01 am
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Has thanked: 68 times
Been thanked: 111 times

Re: DEFENSE AND OFFENSE Techniques or advices while OBE/ASTR

Postby ob1 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:26 am

Xanth wrote:
There's "love" (which is what you're talking about)... then there's "Love" (the kind I speak of).

The opposite of "love" is hate.
The opposite of "Love" is fear.

It's about the purity of your Intent... or the "action" behind the choices you make. Are they based on "Love" or are the based on "Fear".
Read this article I wrote: http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/2014/ ... -growth-2/


Ok i understand.My intentions are good especially now that i know i dont have to fight,As i want to do just the opposite of fighting.I also just read your article.Im actually doing just that ,trying to be as positive as i can.Getting rid of the negative thoughts and or influences(tv ,video games etc) but it will take a while to change into a positive person especially when you know that things arent going to get better.(not being negative,just stating the obvious)

Xanth wrote: Your "dreams" (or as I call them 'dream awareness experiences') are a kind of reflection of our current state of mind. For whatever reason, you must have felt (even subconsciously) that you were being chased.
[/quote]

To be frank ive had those types of dreams all my life,or most of it.
Last edited by ob1 on Wed Oct 22, 2014 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ob1
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:16 am
Location: Canada
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: DEFENSE AND OFFENSE Techniques or advices while OBE/ASTR

Postby Phantom » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:11 pm

I've had quite a few fearful experiences working with spirits and astral stuff. What I learned is that the fear is generated from my own mind. Evil has no real power. The fears we have become living spirit like entities.. so basically most of hte time your attacking something you made when your doing the psychic defense thing.The defensive and offensive actions reinforce the thoughtform making it stronger..... this isn't a good thing and it's not a fun place. Learning this in a practical sense where you have that ah hah experience with this is very important for your mental well being. Distinguishing your thoughtforms from other astral entities and phenomenon is probably the most difficult skill ... or so I'm told :-) I still struggle with it.
Phantom
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:18 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: DEFENSE AND OFFENSE Techniques or advices while OBE/ASTR

Postby ob1 » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:27 pm

Ill keep what you said in mind Phantom.The one thing id like to know then, if you say its very difficult to distinguish your thoughtforms from astral entities,then how can i ever know if what i see isnt my imagination ? Is there some kind of guide or some good information on the subject so as to tell which is which and how to tell ?
ob1
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:16 am
Location: Canada
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: DEFENSE AND OFFENSE Techniques or advices while OBE/ASTR

Postby Xanth » Wed Oct 22, 2014 9:42 pm

Experience, and even then it an be hard, if not impossible.
One needs to be comfortable with the idea that you may never know.

But really, *where* the information you receive isn't of great importance. What's important is was the information received of benefit to you. :-)
User avatar
Xanth
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1127
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:01 am
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Has thanked: 68 times
Been thanked: 111 times

Re: DEFENSE AND OFFENSE Techniques or advices while OBE/ASTR

Postby Szaxx » Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:44 am

Have you tried to stop and face those chasing you? I think it's time to do this, all you need is to realise who you are in the dream and KNOW they'll listen. It's your experience and you have far more control than you realise. By doing this you'll start to become aware, this awareness is all you need to project into a far nicer reality.
A thought of going to nice place afterwards will manifest and you're on a new level far above being controlled by fear.
Face them head on shouting stop knowing this will happen. It'll change everything for the better.
User avatar
Szaxx
 
Posts: 629
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:30 pm
Location: High Peak UK
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 64 times

Re: DEFENSE AND OFFENSE Techniques or advices while OBE/ASTR

Postby Phantom » Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:26 pm

It takes some experience and even then it's difficult. The best advice I can give is that the closer you are to the Source or God then the better and more accurate your perceptions will be. Thoughtforms will reinforce your beliefs. They are focused on you and they're capricious and inconsistent.Thoughtforms reflect your own beliefs. If you shift your focus off that belief and on getting closer to the Source, it will have an effect on them. practically speaking it doesn't matter. If it's a negative entity, it has no power other than illusion and fear generation. If you refuse to be drawn in it has no power at all.
Phantom
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:18 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: DEFENSE AND OFFENSE Techniques or advices while OBE/ASTR

Postby ob1 » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:46 pm

Szaxx wrote:Have you tried to stop and face those chasing you? I think it's time to do this, all you need is to realise who you are in the dream and KNOW they'll listen. It's your experience and you have far more control than you realise. By doing this you'll start to become aware, this awareness is all you need to project into a far nicer reality.
A thought of going to nice place afterwards will manifest and you're on a new level far above being controlled by fear.
Face them head on shouting stop knowing this will happen. It'll change everything for the better.


To be honest the whole being chased thing was actually something which i enjoyed in my dreams,it was a rush(mainly zombies).Now i just find it annoying as it drains me of my energy and wake up soaked in sweat.And i still havent had a lucid dream so theres no way for me to face those who are chasing me.For me to realize i am in a dream i would have to practice something like reality checks during the day or something like that ? Ill try and look for a method to do so.

Phantom wrote:It takes some experience and even then it's difficult. The best advice I can give is that the closer you are to the Source or God then the better and more accurate your perceptions will be. Thoughtforms will reinforce your beliefs. They are focused on you and they're capricious and inconsistent.Thoughtforms reflect your own beliefs. If you shift your focus off that belief and on getting closer to the Source, it will have an effect on them. practically speaking it doesn't matter. If it's a negative entity, it has no power other than illusion and fear generation. If you refuse to be drawn in it has no power at all.


Ive been wanting to do so for a while now ,How would i get closer to the source or god then ? i have no clue how,i am not religious nor do i believe in them.
ob1
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:16 am
Location: Canada
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: DEFENSE AND OFFENSE Techniques or advices while OBE/ASTR

Postby Phantom » Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:39 am

Though I'm a Christian I am not talking about a religion. Part of God is within you. Your like a branch to a tree. The roots and trunk are God. You have to open your heart and mind and go within to find that presence there. Ask for help in getting to that place.
Phantom
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2014 8:18 am
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 12 times

Re: DEFENSE AND OFFENSE Techniques or advices while OBE/ASTR

Postby Xanth » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:09 am

I'd personally take it one step further and say that since you are one aspect of the whole (one perspective of the entire consciousness experiencing itself), that you ARE god.
We are like waves in the ocean... we're not separate entities from the ocean. We are part of the whole of the ocean, appearing out of the ocean for a brief time... then returning to that ocean, where we will then appear out of it once again in a different way, but still the same ocean in each respect. The ocean here represents "Consciousness" as a whole... which is all that you experience. You, me, Phantom, your chair, your computer, your room, your entire existence. It's all you. You are it. It's all god.

I "personally" choose to not use the word god... because it's an extremely loaded term, I like Tom Campbell's take on it... "the system".
User avatar
Xanth
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1127
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:01 am
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Has thanked: 68 times
Been thanked: 111 times

Re: DEFENSE AND OFFENSE Techniques or advices while OBE/ASTR

Postby ob1 » Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:44 pm

Xanth wrote:I'd personally take it one step further and say that since you are one aspect of the whole (one perspective of the entire consciousness experiencing itself), that you ARE god.
We are like waves in the ocean... we're not separate entities from the ocean. We are part of the whole of the ocean, appearing out of the ocean for a brief time... then returning to that ocean, where we will then appear out of it once again in a different way, but still the same ocean in each respect. The ocean here represents "Consciousness" as a whole... which is all that you experience. You, me, Phantom, your chair, your computer, your room, your entire existence. It's all you. You are it. It's all god.

I "personally" choose to not use the word god... because it's an extremely loaded term, I like Tom Campbell's take on it... "the system".


I get what youre saying ,it totally make sense that we are all connected.Ive seen this on so many occasions.
ob1
 
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:16 am
Location: Canada
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 0 time

Re: DEFENSE AND OFFENSE Techniques or advices while OBE/ASTR

Postby wstein » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:45 pm

If you naturally have or purposely acquire enough energy, you can use any energy technique that you can use normally (in the physical).

As to a general approach, the astral (and many other places) are mostly like the physical. There are a variety of lifeforms that need to be treated according to their nature. If you don't know, you need to be cautious. Just like on Earth, most things won't seriously harm you especially if you leave them alone.
sin nada
User avatar
wstein
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:44 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: DEFENSE AND OFFENSE Techniques or advices while OBE/ASTR

Postby Xanth » Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:19 pm

wstein wrote:If you naturally have or purposely acquire enough energy, you can use any energy technique that you can use normally (in the physical).

As to a general approach, the astral (and many other places) are mostly like the physical. There are a variety of lifeforms that need to be treated according to their nature. If you don't know, you need to be cautious. Just like on Earth, most things won't seriously harm you especially if you leave them alone.

What kind of "harm" do you believe can happen to you while projecting?
User avatar
Xanth
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1127
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:01 am
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Has thanked: 68 times
Been thanked: 111 times

Re: DEFENSE AND OFFENSE Techniques or advices while OBE/ASTR

Postby wstein » Fri Oct 31, 2014 8:19 pm

Xanth wrote:
wstein wrote: Just like on Earth, most things won't seriously harm you especially if you leave them alone.
What kind of "harm" do you believe can happen to you while projecting?
If you are only going to the RTZ and astral planes, pretty much the same harms that can happen while in the physical to your energy system. Most of the energy stealers are from the astral anyway. Most common is energy drain, installation of implants, and attachment of energy threads (also usually for long term energy drain). Far less common but definitely possible is being energy attacked (blasted with energy), though again this is no different than in the physical. Though very rare, possession is possible.

If you start traveling to other more 'exotic' places there are many more dangers. The most common fear is that parts of you get trapped/imprisoned there. It's rare but can happen.

Much more powerful beings can harm you anywhere, being in the astral neither helps nor hampers you. Beings, usually sentient, that can also cross dimensions can of course do all sort of nasty things to you. With that kind of capability they can 'find' you anywhere even on Earth. But for the most part they have no reason to spend effort to do so. The exception to which I allude to above is if you invade their 'domain' and ignore the 'you're not welcome' warnings. Pretty much the case here on Earth too.

Over all OBE is fairly safe as usually bad things lead to energy loss which usually causes you to automatically return to your body.
-----------------------
Note that fear can cause psychological harm anywhere. Especially for newbies there are lots of new and unanticipated happenings. Just look at how many thread there are on the lurkers that appear when you are learning to exit. Upon seeing them, many people never try again. OBE is not more problematic than anywhere else, its just that people are more familiar with 'here' and don't have so much to get freaked about.
-----------------------
The bigger dangers of OBE have nothing to do with being attacked nor lacking a means of defending yourself. One of the biggest dangers getting so enamored with 'out there' that you forget/neglect the life of your physical body. As most are not skilled/powerful enough to function in the incarnate worlds (includes astral) without a body, neglecting the needs of the body leads to many problems (as do all escapist habits). A similar danger is encountering something that makes you realize your whole world view is wrong. Not everyone is ready to deal with that.
sin nada
User avatar
wstein
 
Posts: 90
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:44 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 16 times

Re: DEFENSE AND OFFENSE Techniques or advices while OBE/ASTR

Postby Xanth » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:04 pm

Psychological issues aside (yes, I kind of agree with you on those points)... there's nothing that can "harm" you while projecting. All of the things you list are physical reality limitations.
You're one with the very consciousness you're projecting into/with/are... there's nothing of you to harm. You don't exist, your physical form doesn't exist.

Even physically speaking... there's nothing physical that can harm you. You're NOT a physical being. Just because your physical body can get hurt and die... is actually a meaningless thing. I don't expect you or anyone else here to understand that though.

This next statement I make usually confuses people: Nothing physical has any meaning what-so-ever. The only thing that has any meaning to "consciousness" are the things that are non-physical... things that doesn't expressly exist within the confines of this physical reality. Does that mean this physical existence is useless? Not at all... and that's the misunderstanding most people make when I make that statement. It's a point of consciousness and consciousness alone.
User avatar
Xanth
Site Admin
 
Posts: 1127
Joined: Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:01 am
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Has thanked: 68 times
Been thanked: 111 times


Return to Projection Discussions & Questions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron