Death and the Afterlife?

If you have any questions or wish to discuss anything related to Spirituality or Spiritual Growth, please post them here.

Death and the Afterlife?

Postby Xanth » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:06 am

So, most of us are quite experienced in Projection and experiencing the non-physical... what have YOU learned about death and what to expect when you physically die?
Xanth
Site Admin

Death and the Afterlife?

Sponsor Advertisement

Sponsor

Re: Death and the Afterlife?

Postby Sinera » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:47 am

I do not believe I have learnt anything about the act of dying, even from my "kind of" NDE or from my first conscious OBE which was a 'violent' experience with Kundalini-Symtoms. But how do I know it will be this way when I finally leave this life for good? I don't.

Certainly I assume to know a lot more about the afterlife than before, but these are two pairs of shoes.
Sinera

Postby Xanth » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:23 am

We can probably push aside "knowing for certain" what happens, because as you said, we can't know... can we extrapolate any possibilities about what to expect from death from our non-physical experiences?

For myself... I get the sense that dying is very similar to falling asleep or consciously phasing from "here" to "there". Peaceful and natural. Any thoughts?
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Sinera » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:02 pm

Xanth wrote:For myself... I get the sense that dying is very similar to falling asleep or consciously phasing from "here" to "there". Peaceful and natural. Any thoughts?

souls whose bodies died fast, maybe even within a second or blink of an eye, e.g. by getting blown up in a nuclear explosion (Hiroshima), might beg to differ here ;)
Sinera

Postby Xanth » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:35 pm

Sinera wrote:souls whose bodies died fast, maybe even within a second or blink of an eye, e.g. by getting blown up in a nuclear explosion (Hiroshima), might beg to differ here ;)

I'll share my perspective on that in a second... could you share why you think that is the case?
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Sinera » Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:35 pm

Xanth wrote:
Sinera wrote:souls whose bodies died fast, maybe even within a second or blink of an eye, e.g. by getting blown up in a nuclear explosion (Hiroshima), might beg to differ here ;)

I'll share my perspective on that in a second... could you share why you think that is the case?

It's neither peaceful nor slow enough for a falling-asleep process. Then there is the trauma. Think of retrievals being done on these people who are confused (see Lionheart's threads on this). Some are said to even still feel pain and go over their death scene or at least kind of 'imagine' it. There is nothing natural or peaceful for these souls.

Of course, for many it might be fine. I remember another metaphor given from a book on regression. S.o. described his or her death experience as getting to the surface from under water in a swoosh! and found it so liberating (being "free" without a body again and feeling light without the "under-water"pressure). Maybe it's something like that for most people.

But I believe we cannot generalise. In the case of traumatic or violent deaths the transition might be difficult. And then there's belief systems: atheists or pious people who think they deserve hell and end up there. All of that stuff. Every transition is imv personal - and thus differing from soul to soul (and life to life). Same with Near Death Experiences. They differ too.
Sinera

Postby Xanth » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:23 pm

Allow me to provide my perspective...

It's not related to how one dies or how fast one dies. That actually should have no bearing on the process in the slightest.
What you experience is entirely related to the quality of your consciousness.

If you're of a lower quality of consciousness, you're going to be an emotional mess. Your emotions are going to run your life. When someone like that dies, regardless of how they die, they're going to be experiencing a reality ruled entirely by those emotions.

If you're of a higher quality of consciousness, this simply isn't a factor... or at least it'll be a minimal factor. You aren't ruled by your emotions... you're able to control them naturally.

That's my perspective at least. A really basic understanding.
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby CFTraveler » Thu Jul 25, 2013 2:08 pm

I'm not sure what exactly I've learned, but I'll give a quick set of impressions:
For some reasons, when someone dies (in my experience with my family members) when I first see them they look 'normal', but soon they start looking younger and younger. About the only exception was my mother, who I saw like one week after she passed and she already looked like a teenager. I saw her this week and she already looked like a child. The thing is, that even though I have seen pictures of her as a teenager, I have never seen pics of her as a child. I'm amazed that I knew it was her, it was more of a 'feel', I just knew this child was my mother.
I've read of the theories behind this, but it really baffles. If I think of my dad, I think of him as a fifty-something year old man with shocking white hair. But the last time I saw him he looked like he was in his twenties. almost unrecognizable, if not for the eyes. Yet, my dad passed away in the eighties, and my mom three years ago. Yet she looks younger than him, by at least a decade, in my dreams and APs.
Another thing- when I saw my grandmother before she died (she was in a coma, came to see me) she was brilliant, sparkling, radiating love. After she passed (maybe weeks, I'll have to double check on this) she was confused, scared, and almost delusional. I had to 'talk her down' about some of the stuff she was saying. I wonder if this indicates some part goes 'somewhere' else while some other part is left to deal with the 'here' stuff, and this is what I experienced? (And explains the need for soul retrievals?)
I didn't 'learn' anything, as I constantly doubt the reality of my experiences, even when they are far beyond the possibility of 'chance'. I can't shake that doubt, you know.
CFTraveler

Location: Beware of one which tells you to put down a book and then later tells you to read another.

Postby Xanth » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:28 pm

CFTraveler wrote:I'm not sure what exactly I've learned, but I'll give a quick set of impressions:
For some reasons, when someone dies (in my experience with my family members) when I first see them they look 'normal', but soon they start looking younger and younger. About the only exception was my mother, who I saw like one week after she passed and she already looked like a teenager. I saw her this week and she already looked like a child. The thing is, that even though I have seen pictures of her as a teenager, I have never seen pics of her as a child. I'm amazed that I knew it was her, it was more of a 'feel', I just knew this child was my mother.
I've read of the theories behind this, but it really baffles. If I think of my dad, I think of him as a fifty-something year old man with shocking white hair. But the last time I saw him he looked like he was in his twenties. almost unrecognizable, if not for the eyes. Yet, my dad passed away in the eighties, and my mom three years ago. Yet she looks younger than him, by at least a decade, in my dreams and APs.
Another thing- when I saw my grandmother before she died (she was in a coma, came to see me) she was brilliant, sparkling, radiating love. After she passed (maybe weeks, I'll have to double check on this) she was confused, scared, and almost delusional. I had to 'talk her down' about some of the stuff she was saying. I wonder if this indicates some part goes 'somewhere' else while some other part is left to deal with the 'here' stuff, and this is what I experienced? (And explains the need for soul retrievals?)
I didn't 'learn' anything, as I constantly doubt the reality of my experiences, even when they are far beyond the possibility of 'chance'. I can't shake that doubt, you know.

That's beautiful CFT. :)

Whenever I've seen relatives, they've always been exactly how they were when I last saw them.
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby astralzombie » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:17 pm

The impression I have is that the light is very important. For those who have led a questionable life or think they were "bad" and decide not to enter out of fear of judgement , those are the ones that separate themselves from "insert word for God". The longer the separation occurs the more potential they lose and devolve.

There's all kinds of reasons why i think people would avoid that light but in most NDE accounts it appears to be crucial. The negative accounts almost always stem from the ones who avoid it while the positive stories almost instantly embrace it.

In regards to CFT's experiences, amazing!
astralzombie

Postby Methiculous » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:05 pm

Death and Afterlife.
The greatest spiritual question of all.

I can't envision after life. If I do, I am only using my imagination... (Just like everybody else)
Perhaps it is a lot like 'before-life'. Remember that? I don't

SO what is in between? It's just a blip in time, and feels long when you are living it, but it was really nothing at all was it? Does life exist beyond our imagination?

What is the purpose of life if it is all forgotten upon death?

Sounds bleak, but if you look at it another way... there are no worries either, and we should seek happiness without guilt, as long as we are here, alive and experiencing.

I didn't choose to be alive. Nothing beyond my will is my fault.

Then I will die one day and this will all have been but a dream.
I close my eyes and see what I can see, whatever it may be.
It could be the sea, or I could see a bee.
Don't you see? It doesn't matter to me. Just let it be!
(written by a great poet after a dream... ME!)
Methiculous

Postby Jettins » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:54 pm

It's a fascinating question to me Xanth. It is something I always try to keep in mind as I become objectively aware in the non-physical, so naturally I have much to say on that. This question reminded me of experience #1137 from August 7, 2013, called "The Shelly family. During this particularly vivid non-physical experience I arrived into an apartment and met the Shelly family. After some small talk the mother said "you should write your book about our story". They must have sensed that I was looking for material to write. It was the second time I met with one of the sons. I also saw the parents and their other son, one of them had been in the military. They knew they had died.

It was just very interesting at the time, it being so vivid and stable, you know how that is. I told then I would return. I haven't tried to visit them yet. I don't think it's the right time, but when I do I think it will go well. I just really hope I can remember it. I like to get a feel of my psychic or psychological space within and around me when I meditated a bit or when I try to project in the mornings lately, this then gives me a feel for my destination. I could need psychological adjustments, become ready for a mission, enhance my perceptions or even leisure astral explorations. I like all the activities except for the psychological adjustments, those can be a real bitch in the face, but it helps to get rid of certain stuff that doesn’t fit right.

More than to share about the experience today, I would like to send a message to self, to let me know when it’s time.
Jettins

Postby wstein » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:08 pm

Michael Scannell wrote: Death and Afterlife. The greatest spiritual question of all.
The greatest spiritual question for me is: how is it that anything at all? Seems to me that the endless ‘nothing’ would be endless…
Michael Scannell wrote: I can't envision after life. If I do, I am only using my imagination... (Just like everybody else)
Not everyone is of the opinion that one can only imagine the afterlife. There are timeless beings, timeless perspective, ghosts, time travelers, interdimensional travelers to name a few sources of information about the afterlife, even possibly YOUR afterlife. I’m sure some see all that stuff as imagination rather than anything actual and some that don’t.
Michael Scannell wrote: What is the purpose of life if it is all forgotten upon death?
Life has no purpose, a moot question.
Michael Scannell wrote: Then I will die one day and this will all have been but a dream.
By implication it’s a dream now. See if you can realize it…
sin nada
wstein

Postby Majic » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:14 am

What is the purpose of life if it is all forgotten upon death

I tend to think that life is a gift and reduce my world to a simple point that allows me to enjoy the gift - no purpose other than that
Majic

Postby Jettins » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:00 pm

wstein wrote:Not everyone is of the opinion that one can only imagine the afterlife. There are timeless beings, timeless perspective, ghosts, time travelers, interdimensional travelers to name a few sources of information about the afterlife, even possibly YOUR afterlife. I’m sure some see all that stuff as imagination rather than anything actual and some that don’t.

I couldn't agree more. I know that to the materialists it will sound like a child's silly dream such as santa claus. I can assure you this isn't the case, it is very real.

magic wrote:I tend to think that life is a gift and reduce my world to a simple point that allows me to enjoy the gift - no purpose other than that

I agree, but when I wonder about what to do with the gift, I then I have a purpose.
Last edited by Jettins on Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jettins

Postby Majic » Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:35 pm

I agree, but when I wonder about what to do with the gift, I then I have a purpose

yes a lovely word play and paradox and I agree so I guess my purpose is to look after my physical body and enjoy what my senses send to me ( yip, that internal "I" raises its head again). That's the outward aspect, inward I don't know.

I have stood at the entrance to the white light experience but not crossed it yet, I think some or one member on this forum has as I was told to take the leap and come back, that I must come back but most likely wont want to so someone has been there.
There were people waiting just past the portal, 4 DC's that are known to me and were assisting me but the final choice was mine.
its all becomes quite interesting and not far from taking up the challenge once more of these deeper states.

Short answer is that I don't know about after life but would not write it off just yet
Majic

Postby 7th Lion » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:05 am

Respect..

I have no fear of dying.

My great grandfather was a strong man who held dear to his faith in God. His later years in life were plagued with suffering from multiple heart attacks and strokes. My father was there with him the moment he passed away. Prior to passing my great grandfather was in a coma and on life support. My father recounts him waking up a moment before he passed. He looked towards my father, nodded, the looked to the area right next to my father. My father said it was almost as if he locked eyes with someone because he immediately smiled a vibrant smile then passed on. Because of this I am almost positive his spirit guide or past loved one (maybe his wife) was standing next to my father and was there to help my grandfather cross over.

Its because of this I have no fear of death and I know there is more waiting for us elsewhere. This might not mean anything to anyone else but for it me it provided reassurance.
7th Lion

Postby Majic » Sat Dec 07, 2013 3:28 pm

I have no fear of death either but this is not based on the expectation of an after life. I will find out one day and if there is or is not an after life and if there isn't one I I wont know so have no need to worry about it.
Majic

Postby Swifta » Sat Jul 18, 2015 9:53 pm

I see it's been a couple of years since this conversation started, I was wondering if anyone's opinions or beliefs or theories changed? any updates?
Swifta

Postby AstralPhreak » Thu Nov 19, 2015 7:50 pm

My experience is that you don't die. You physical body is gone as in essence it is returned to the nature to nurish it. But as a soul, as a ethreal you are still alive. Some will disagree, saying that the soul can't live without the body but i think soul is much more powerfull just to be destroyed when the body dies.
Astral projection guide for them chakras!
AstralPhreak

Next

Return to Spirituality