Conversation with dream characters. My plan.

Any questions you have regarding any of the following experiences: Astral Projections, Out of Body Experiences, Real Time Zone Projections, Phasing, Projection, Lucid Dreaming, Sleep Paralysis, etc... ask them here.

Postby Methiculous » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:07 pm

If you have ever talked to a dream character or person in your dream, then you know that they can say the darndest things at times and need Bill Cosby to translate! (old show reference :lol: ) But then there are the other types.... they are self aware and have great wisdom. I still don't know where they come from, whether they are manifestations, personified by my subconscious or if they exist beyond the realm and scope of what I consider, 'real'. Whatever the case, these people in dreams are far different from your average dream character and seem self aware, intelligent, and scoff at me and my petty lucid dream control. These guys are masters and are trying to teach me something.

I sometimes argue with them, and say, how can you be real?... only to be put in my place like a shy puppy!

So that's my goal. I want to talk to these type of people on their level and grow up from a puppy to a snarling pit-bull.

I still don't know where they come from, but I can attest that it DOES happen. I keep trying to explain to them that we are the same and share the same mind, but they will have none of that!

And one time, a dream character told me that I was a 'dry dreamer'. His words not mine. I think he meant, I was unrehearsed and all my dreams are a dry run. He went on to say something that I can't remember verbatim, but he basically said, if you don't run the dream, the dream runs over you!

SO now I have a plan of what to say and I have rehearsed it. It allows for all possible yes or no answers. If there is a 3rd and DC's always surprise me, then I will just wing it. So here is my plan after first asking if the person knows it is a dream or not, which is important. If not, I ask again or sometimes they point to someone else who does know. Then I will start this conversation:

Then I will ask, "Do you know who I am?"
If YES: "Do you remember the last time we met?" Y/N
.....IF YES: "Tell me about it!"
.....IF NO: "Then how do you know me?"
If NO: "Do you know ANYBODY at all?" Y/N
.....IF YES: "Who are they and tell me about them."(they may describe ME!)
.....IF NO: "How did you get here and who's dreaming this?" (they may describe ME!)

Maybe some of you have already gotten to know your 'awareness behind the dream' or some other character that shows up in all your dreams, and no matter what form they take, they are always the same one.

For me, I am trying to figure it out for myself, and that is my next goal:
Figure out who these people truly are, and let them know that we are one and the same with pure logic and reason.... if they are up to that!
If not, then they truly are beings communicating with me from another realm that popular culture has dubbed the 'Astral Realm'.

I honestly don't know, but I wont let a book tell me, I want to get it from the horse's mouth!

P.S. it was a long post, i agree, but I am passionate about it, and need a place to 'lay it on the line'. (<-- another weird expression, but I feel good about this and set a goal for myself). But I have to let regular dreams happen in the mean time and never get frustrated.
I close my eyes and see what I can see, whatever it may be.
It could be the sea, or I could see a bee.
Don't you see? It doesn't matter to me. Just let it be!
(written by a great poet after a dream... ME!)
Methiculous

Sponsor Advertisement

Sponsor

Re: Conversation with dream characters. My plan.

Postby Szaxx » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:50 am

I've met some incredibly intelligent DC's.
These are normally from within a retrieval or quest.
I've posted one on Astral Pulse and can link it if required. It's long and takes around an hour of your time to read at an easy pace.
The technology doesn't exist here yet so its something that appears very real. The guy's have their own personalities and when I returned there everything was the same. No glitches at all.
Other characters I meet over again have their personalities the same too and remember things I've long forgotten about.
They give the impression of being real and seperate entities too. They definately dont think as I do and that sets them apart from a thoughtform.
I'll have to ask your questions to them, that would be very interesting.
It never occurs at the time as so much is going on.
Szaxx

Postby astralzombie » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:40 am

Micheal, I have to admit that I really do love your approach. You are a methodical thinker.

I believe that most of my DC are my own projections because I am simply not reaching the "levels" often enough where the independent beings are but the doesn't dismiss the fact that they are doming "down" to meet me.

Simply asking a DC a test question about yourself may not tell you much because if they are coming from you, they would obviously be able to tell you what you buried next to the big oak in your back yard when you were 5. But it's trial and error and you should narrow it down to some pretty good questions, which you have already.
astralzombie

Postby CFTraveler » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:56 am

I always consider a DC to be part of me unless they tell me something I don't know. Believe it or not, it has been twice now that I've been pleasantly surprised.
CFTraveler

Location: Beware of one which tells you to put down a book and then later tells you to read another.

Postby Methiculous » Thu Aug 01, 2013 5:53 pm

First of all, than you all who replied and to any future repliers.

astralzombie wrote:Micheal, I have to admit that I really do love your approach. You are a methodical thinker.

The idea is to trap them with logic and make them admit that they must know me somehow. They can't get out unless they contradict themselves.

I tried it once so far, and the DC answered "NO" to everything. Then I got in an argument and started to ask, how did you get here? Who's your boss? (That made sense to me at the time and in a dream even I am not the most logical thinker.) The DC kept repeating what I said back to it, like that childish, 'stop copying me game'. I had enough of them and mentally flung them out a window just to get rid of them.

That would never work with the more self-aware type dream characters that seem to have a full personality independent from me. My 'lucid powers' don't work on them.

My ultimate goal is to meet a reoccurring, self-aware type person and simply say, "Hello, again! Remember the last time we spoke?" And continue where we left off. (They can take different forms, but you just feel and know that they are the same entity). And perhaps even speak more telepathically and share ideas without the need for words.

(I actually have asked some DC's whether they knew what I was thinking in my head, but they all said, "no". But I don't see why we can't be telepathic with a DC if they are aspects of ourselves. Or are they truly separate entities that visit me in my dreams? The only way to find out is to keep on dreaming!)
Methiculous

Postby Methiculous » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:46 am

It's been a while, but I finally found a dream character again that admitted that we were in a dream. Here's the conversation:

Me: "Do you talk?"
DC: "Yes."

Me: "Do you know this is a dream?"
DC: "Yes."

Me: "Do you know who I am?"
DC: "No."

Me: "Do you know anybody?" (there were other DCs around too)
DC: "No."

Me: "Then how do you know this is a dream? Who is dreaming this?"
DC: "I never said it was a dream."

Me: "Yes you did!"
DC: "Well, I must say, I disagree." (he was very sincere about it).

I let him be, and knew an argument is pointless. And when he left I swore I saw a smirk on his face and felt he was just toying with me.
I wonder what will happen next time......
Methiculous

Postby Taoistguy » Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:01 pm

Very interesting. Please keep us updated.
Taoistguy

Postby Methiculous » Fri Sep 06, 2013 4:13 pm

Will do.
My goal is for them to answer 'YES' to all, but either way it's interesting.
I like these lucid dream experiments.
Methiculous

Postby astralzombie » Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:40 pm

It seems to me as though you are teetering on the edge of "this is objectively real" but still leaning towards "this is all in our minds". I think both are true.

Be prepared for one of your DC's to completely blow your mind during one of these attempts. It's a very unique feeling to be told something that is true and verifiable yet there is no rational reason for you to have obtained this info.

WTF, probably best describes the days that follow such a talk.
astralzombie

Postby Methiculous » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:17 pm

astralzombie wrote:WTF, probably best describes the days that follow such a talk.

I've had those too. And they have a full personality too. And sometimes THEY are the ones who come to ME and start talking and not the other way around.
In fact, when I started with this exercise is when those type of people in my dreams stopped showing up.

I'll share my last WTF talk, so you can get an idea. Others may find it interesting too.

EDIT: I just posted my latest one from just over a month ago, on the Projection Experiences section. And I realized it was that very dream that spurred me to take more control of my conversations in the dream and prompted me to do this and try this approach. But maybe I jinxed it by being too analytical with them.
Last edited by Methiculous on Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Methiculous

Postby Xanth » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:48 pm

Makes you wonder if there is any logic behind what they say. :)
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Methiculous » Fri Sep 06, 2013 10:04 pm

Yea, I thought I could trap him with logic, but he found a way out!
I could have argued for the whole dream and still not have won! I know from experience so I just let him go.

But now that I think about it, he was talking more on his own by the end and I should have changed the subject and let him speak on his own. I bet I would have had a much more meaningful conversation. All well, there is always next time.....
Methiculous

Postby Szaxx » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:52 am

Do you think the DC is a self representation of your quest?
It would show you a way to question DC's including those intelligent thought forms of yourself. They will have the answers if you already have them.
A pertinent question would have an unknown answer at that time and be traceable at a later date.
You are clever enough to make this happen in style.
The results would be part of all our learning. The subjectivity unfolds...
Szaxx

Postby Xanth » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:36 am

Szaxx wrote:Do you think the DC is a self representation of your quest?
It would show you a way to question DC's including those intelligent thought forms of yourself. They will have the answers if you already have them.
A pertinent question would have an unknown answer at that time and be traceable at a later date.
You are clever enough to make this happen in style.
The results would be part of all our learning. The subjectivity unfolds...

Well, my perspective is that what you experience is an interpretation of what's really going on. Even in a dream... actually, even MORE so in a dream, because most of it is being fueled by the subconscious portion of the mind which would seem to have more control over things than your conscious mind. Unless you're lucid or astrally aware... then the conscious mind has more control.

It's about remaining completely open to the possibility and keeping yourself as focused as possible so you don't allow any outside consciousnesses to interact with your experience... in other words you want to keep the reality fluctuations to a minimum, this will bring as much of the true objective experience to you. :)
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby mini stapler » Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:30 pm

:lol: I've had this conversation. Went like this -

Me: You know this is a dream right?

Him: *confused face* wh-wh-what?"

Me: Dream, this...

Him: What are you talking about!? No it's not!

Me: What's my name?

Him: ... ... ... dave?

So that's not my name, and then I left to explore. :arrow:

The End.
Absolute looney tune.
mini stapler

Postby Xanth » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:25 pm

I've had similar escapades... where people just look at me like I'm insane. LoL
Xanth
Site Admin

Return to Projection Discussions & Questions