ClassicBrew's Plan

Have you had a hard time trying to learn to Astrally Project? Have you ever wanted to learn how to do Astral Projection to experience the non-physical for yourself? Here at Unlimited Boundaries, we offer the Astral Academy. This is where we work with you on a one-on-one basis in order to help you learn to experience the non-physical for yourself! Make a post answering the questions in the stickie and we'll assist you every step of the way from physical to non-physical!
Forum rules
There aren't really any rules here... just be sure to be as dedicated to this as we are to wanting to teach you! Be sure to go through the lessons as well, as they've been designed to provide you with the basic understandings you require in order to successfully gain access to and explore the non-physical.

ClassicBrew's Plan

Postby ClassicBrew » Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:00 pm

1. Give us a general understanding of what kind of knowledge you have regarding astral projection.
I’ve spent the past 6 months reading everything I could. I’ve read all three Buhlman’s books, all three of Monroe’s, Bruce’s AD, Tom Campbell’s first MBT book (okay ½, it got kind of boring), and I’ve listened to a ton of Tom Campbell lectures including the video you list as Lesson 1. Also, Seth Speaks, and both PDF compilations of Frank Kepple – the Practical Guide, and his posts.

2. What kind of expectations do you have towards projection... what do you think projection is?
Projection is really just shifting focus of awareness to a different vibrational frequency. This physical reality is really just like any other reality, just less thought-responsive. I like the idea that this is a training ground for other planes, and that we learn to control our thoughts here before moving our awareness to a more thought-responsive reality.

3. What kind of methods/techniques have you tried?
Here’s where my trouble is I think. I’ll try a method three or four times, and if it doesn’t work, I move on. Mainly, I’ve been through the Gateway Wave I CDs, a Hemi-Sync MP3 called Timeless Peace (listening to this is when I experience intense vibrations). I’ve also been trying some of Buhlman’s techniques from his CD set.

4. How long have you been attempting them for?
Seriously, only about three months. Not so seriously, about 6 months.

5. What kind of goals do you have for learning Projection? You can be general or specific.
First, to learn what I’m supposed to learn. There is a reason I’ve been seeking my entire life, and a why I’ve discovered this path. There’s something I’m supposed to learn.
Second, just to experience other dimensions and astral planes.
Third, I was estranged from my alcoholic father for over 20 years. In April 2014, I was about to make contact with him again and try to come to some kind of resolution around his abuse. I’d just started to try and find out how to get in touch with him, when I got a call from a bill collector asking if I was handling his estate. My first response was “Huh? He died?”. Turns out he’d died in March. So, I’d like to make contact with him. I know the outcome might not be exactly what I want, but it’s important to me to make contact with him again.
Last, I want to fly.

Here are my plans for the next few months:

Lunch in my car (which is quite comfy - really):
- Peter Russell’s meditation program that I just purchased. I’ve decided that meditation is very important and this is a great time to practice.

Evening:
- Write affirmations. “Tonight I am fully conscious and aware in my dreams”. It would be perfect to project from Lucid Dreams.

Bed:
- Intent: To have an OBE either from a Lucid Dream or just after I go to sleep. Repeat the “Now I’m out of Body” affirmation as I go to sleep.
- Tell myself to wake between 3 and 3:3O AM. This actually works, kind of amazing.

Early morning (3-3:30 wakeup):
- Spend a few minutes writing down dreams, preparing for practice. Enough that I kind of wake up.
- Do Wave I Intro to Focus 10, once. Thanks to Frank and Xanth’s guidance, I’ve concocted a good scenario that seems to keep my attention. Mostly, anyway.
- After F10 intro, do Frank’s Phasing, moving focus around my brain. I’ve actually had a couple good, out of the blue, visions from this. Of course, I say ‘Wha?? What was that?” And… you know the rest. I’ll definitely continue to do this.

So that’s where I’m at right now. I’m not really frustrated, but definitely feel like I could use some guidance and feedback.

Thanks,

Scott
ClassicBrew

ClassicBrew's Plan

Sponsor Advertisement

Sponsor

Re: ClassicBrew's Plan

Postby Szaxx » Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:54 pm

Hi Scott, welcome to Unlimited Boundaries.
Its nice to see you here.
Keep doing the lessons and get the feel of things.
Your goal will give you some intent and desire which is very positive, it can make you try a little too hard. This is very negative, the process is natural and takes place every night. The difference is you'll train yourself to stay awake enough to watch what occurs without getting involved by doing anything. The doing occurs later , for now just watch and listen to the show as you go to sleep.
This requires focus without interaction. Sounds easy, try it, you'll see doing nothing but staying aware enough to observe is a challenge.
Szaxx

Postby Xanth » Sun Jan 11, 2015 6:31 pm

Hiya! :)

Most people don't realize this, but there isn't much difference between all of the "supposedly" different methods out there. They all get you to place your focus "away" from you, away from everything physical. That's really all they do. Every single one of them. Knowing this, you can then adjust them to however you "learn" best and go from there. :)

Everything sounds really good. You're off to a great start. When you get those "Wha?? What was that" moments... try to ignore them best you can. Or at least, simply acknowledge the event, then allow it to move past. They're a good sign that you're moving in the right direction, but allows your awareness to get caught up in them is going to stop your progress.
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby ClassicBrew » Mon Jan 12, 2015 11:51 am

Thanks for the replies.

Szaxx, do you mean I should NOT do the 'Now I'm out of body' affirmations (repeating this) as I fall asleep, but just try to observe the process?

Also, you're absolutely correct that I've been trying too hard. I'll try harder to not try so hard. :/

Scott
ClassicBrew

Postby Szaxx » Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:13 pm

Not at all. They help many people, use them as they can aid you by programming the subconcious.
The time where you're relaxed and losing the bodily sensations is when I was referring to. The affirmations would be over and you'd be drifting into a trance state of mind. This is the blackness you find yourself in as you only exist in your head as far as bodily sensations go. The rest is numb and hopefully asleep.
Szaxx

Postby ClassicBrew » Wed Jan 14, 2015 10:41 am

Szaxx wrote:...you'll train yourself to stay awake enough to watch what occurs without getting involved by doing anything. The doing occurs later , for now just watch and listen to the show as you go to sleep.
This requires focus without interaction. Sounds easy, try it, you'll see doing nothing but staying aware enough to observe is a challenge.

"challenge" is a huge understatement for me. I fall asleep in less than a minute - literally. I've always done that. For instance, last night I started repeating 'Now I'm out of body", with the intent to repeat this ten times, then try and observe my body falling asleep. I think I got through three of them before I was drooling on my pillow.

My nightly routine is to set an intention to wake between 3:00 and 3:30. I leave it up to my higher self whether or not I wake. Sure enough, every morning, I wake up right around this time. Mostly - I don't think my higher self can tell time very well because the other morning I woke up at 2:45, and said "No, this is too early!", and went back to sleep. Sure enough, I woke up at 3:15.

In the mornings, I've been writing down dreams (haven't been remembering them much lately - don't know why), then taking my time getting everything set up for the morning practice. That usually wakes me up enough that I'm just a little drowsy. Then I'll watch the Lesson 2 video, go through the Intro to Focus 10 meditation, then just try Frank's Phasing, changing mental focus until my alarm goes off.

So far, nothing very special to report. Yesterday morning I mostly slept, but kept kind of waking up and I was talking. Having a pretty good conversation, but I have no recollection as to what or to whom.

Patience is not one of my virtues. But - I DO feel like something's happening. I feel it in my bones, but can't say what.
ClassicBrew

Postby Xanth » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:04 am

Everyone has to start somewhere. As far as I'm concerned, you're already slightly further ahead than you even think. :)

Have you tried much in the way of meditation? That's essentially (well, not essentially, it's EXACTLY) what you're doing when you're practicing anyway. Why not make a regular practice of it?
I've found that learning to meditate is like building a strong foundation for yourself in relation to all of this stuff. Basically, you learn to create a focus, focus on that, then learn to hold that focus for extended periods of time. What you choose to focus on can be just about anything, and just about anything can be used to project with. :)

You're doing great so far though.
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby ClassicBrew » Wed Jan 14, 2015 11:56 am

Xanth wrote:Have you tried much in the way of meditation? That's essentially (well, not essentially, it's EXACTLY) what you're doing when you're practicing anyway. Why not make a regular practice of it? I've found that learning to meditate is like building a strong foundation for yourself in relation to all of this stuff.

I purchased Peter Russell's Online Meditation Course and have been working on the first lesson. I try to do twice daily. So far I really like it.

Xanth wrote:Basically, you learn to create a focus, focus on that, then learn to hold that focus for extended periods of time. What you choose to focus on can be just about anything, and just about anything can be used to project with. :)

As far as choosing something to focus on, I actually had a question about that. I play classical guitar, and have thought that playing a piece in my mind as I meditate or as a projection focus would be interesting. It involves a number of senses - touch, hearing, sight, and would definitely keep my attention. Plus - it would serve the dual purpose of helping me play better (one method to improve performance is to run through a piece in your mind before even touching the guitar), AND serve as a projection focus. My only concern is it might take too much concentration. What do you think of this?

Thanks,

Scott
ClassicBrew

Postby Xanth » Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:18 pm

ClassicBrew wrote:I purchased Peter Russell's Online Meditation Course and have been working on the first lesson. I try to do twice daily. So far I really like it.

Excellent. That'll assist with your focusing. :)

As far as choosing something to focus on, I actually had a question about that. I play classical guitar, and have thought that playing a piece in my mind as I meditate or as a projection focus would be interesting. It involves a number of senses - touch, hearing, sight, and would definitely keep my attention. Plus - it would serve the dual purpose of helping me play better (one method to improve performance is to run through a piece in your mind before even touching the guitar), AND serve as a projection focus. My only concern is it might take too much concentration. What do you think of this?

That would work perfectly! Let us know how it works in practice for you.

You don't have to do the entire event of "playing" the music. You can do that, sure. If you find that it's too much work "concentration-wise", then scale it back to just "listening" to the music and see how that works.
You can see now how that all methods is really about choosing or fixating on a focus, then using that as your projection point, right? And you can adjust that focus however you need to in order to find that which works best for you.
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby ClassicBrew » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:47 pm

Week 1 Summary:

I thought I'd keep a weekly log of progress, challenges & successes. This helps me in a number of ways. First, it has really helped me in the past to see other's progress, struggles, and most importantly successes. Second, it helps me keep better track of my progress. And last, for feedback (of course!).

So here's what I've been doing this week, and the results.

Evening:
Write affirmations 5 times each: "I ask permission of my higher self and subconscious to allow and assist me to have an out of body experience. I want and can do this". "Tonight I am fully conscious and aware within my dreams. I remember my dreams."

At Night:
Set the intent to wake between 3-3:30, but leaving it up to my higher self to decide. If I'm too tired, or it's not useful, sleep until my alarm goes off at 5. Surprisingly, I woke every morning right around 3:15.
Repeat "Now I'm out of body" until I fall asleep. Watch the process and try to remain aware as my body falls asleep. I fall asleep in less than two minutes. I literally repeat "Now I'm out of body" three or four times before I fall asleep.

Early Morning:
I write down what dreams I can remember. This has been very few, and very few details. Before I was getting up early, I had fairly good dream recall, and was able to remember in detail one dream, and snippets of other dreams. Now, almost nothing. I've been trying to lie in bed for a minute or two and remember my dreams. That helps a little, but more often than not, by the time I get downstairs, grab my tablet to write, they're gone.

After writing down what I remember of dreams, hit the bathroom, grab my phone, earbuds, drink of water.
In all, it takes about 20 minutes before I'm ready to lie down.

I've been going through the Lesson 2 Focus video, Monroe's Intro to Focus 10, then when that's finished, trying the Noticing exercise. On the noticing, I've been trying to do Frank Kepple's moving focus around until it hits on an area that feels right. That's worked a little in that I've seen a couple images come up on their own. I've also heard my name called, and some other voices.

The frustration here is I seem to fall asleep pretty readily. I might try moving to a recliner, or maybe take a caffeine pill if I keep falling asleep so much. For now, though, I'll just keep doing what I've been doing.

Lunch & after work:
Peter Russel's first meditation lesson. Really like this. Moving on to the second lesson this week. This has really helped my focus even after just a week.

That's pretty much it for this week. While there was lots of snoozing going on when I woke up early, my higher self got me up, and there has to be a reason for that. So I'm hopeful that this was a good start, and that there's lots more going on behind the scenes that I'm not yet aware of, but I'll become more aware as I practice more.

My biggest thing to overcome, I think, is wanting to try harder. I need to let things happen and trust that my higher self is getting me up early for more than a snooze on the couch.

Scott
ClassicBrew

Postby Xanth » Wed Jan 21, 2015 6:59 pm

Don't get too caught up in wondering about stuff like "am I trying too hard?"... or "am I doing it right?"
You'll only end up frustrating yourself. Just allow whatever wants to happen to simply happen. Accept that whatever happens... is...
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Szaxx » Thu Jan 22, 2015 6:43 am

It might be worth trying nothing during the night for a while. Wait until morning as in later. The early hours work for some, maybe they're not your best time.
Worth considering...
Szaxx

Postby ClassicBrew » Sat Jan 24, 2015 5:24 pm

Week 2 Summary:

Overall a pretty good week. Seems things are happening. Tiny little baby steps, but progress nonetheless.

The only change from last week's practices is I'm on to Peter Russel's second lesson. Very good stuff. Otherwise, I'm pretty much doing the same things.

My focus is getting better, and I'm snoozing much less in the morning. That might have something to do with improved focus, and setting the intent to stay awake.

Significant things this week:
- There have been a number of times this week when I've been doing my rundown in the Focus 10 mediation, and have found myself suddenly IN the scene in HD 3D. Of course, the realization of this quickly snapped me back, so these have been split second occurrences. But - I've never had that happen before.
- During morning F10 meditation, I've been imaging an arch on my F10 hilltop that says 'F12'. In it is a starfield. Once, I went through the arch with my guide, and saw the star field. Very real, very clear. Snapped me back! Argh. ;)
- During one afternoon Peter Russell meditation, it felt very clearly like I was nudged. Like someone bumped up against me. This was very early in the meditation, so not dreaming. A little later, I was watching the show behind my eyelids, just breathing, just being, and suddenly there was this desert scene - in 3D. BING! Snapped back hard this time.
- Another afternoon mediation, I distinctly felt both of my feet being pushed up, like someone had grabbed all my toes and pushed. Then a little later, I thought I felt a hand lightly resting on my shin.

I consider ALL these very significant, and that this week was great progress.

Still no dream recall if I get up early, ~3-3:15. It's strange, the dream is there for a split second, I try to lay in bed and cement it in my mind long enough to get downstairs and write it down, but it's pretty much gone by the time I'm half way down the stairs. But, when I don't get up early, I can usually recall one dream clearly, one dream a little, and a third one or two vague scenes. I don't know that this is really significant, but it's definitely a curiosity.

Plans for next week are pretty much the same. Focus in the Noticing exercise needs work, and continuing to learn focus in my morning F10 meditation.

Thanks again for the feedback, and for what you're doing in this forum. You guys really are awesome.

Scott
ClassicBrew

Postby Szaxx » Sat Jan 24, 2015 8:25 pm

You're finding yourself in scenes that you can create eventually. This is really good too, the physical isn't quite behind you at this point so NO interaction is a 'must do'
You have found this out for yourself lol.
Recall is one of the problems we all go through, sometimes its crystal clear and others nothing. Staying aware of the exit from an experience and slowly waking while you think of the dream etc is a great help.

I've posted on magics thread something related, its practically the same thing you experienced.

my-other-world-t144-60.html#p4684
Szaxx

Postby ClassicBrew » Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:59 pm

One of my goals has always been to project from a Lucid Dream. To me, this just seems easier and more convenient than my current practice. I've actually been trying to Lucid Dream for a few months now, to no avail. Although my dream recall has gotten much better, I've yet to successfully become lucid. I'm spotting more and more triggers in my dreams, but don't realize them until I've woken up.

I've got a few questions about this:

1. Is this a good way to project?
2. I've been doing the SILD method after waking, and going back to bed. Not much luck here. This morning, I got up too late for my 3am practice so decided to try the SILD method. I made the mistake of going back to bed beside my restless, twitchy wife. Next time I'll go downstairs and try from the couch. Question is, what's your experience with SILD? Is it a good method?
3. Any opinions on Galantamine and Choline? I've thought about trying these.
4. Should I not bother with this and just continue with my early morning practice? My thought was to try this when my higher self didn't get me up early enough, but most mornings I'd do what I've been doing.

Thanks,

Scott
ClassicBrew

Postby Xanth » Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:18 pm

ClassicBrew wrote:One of my goals has always been to project from a Lucid Dream.

Before you do anything else, give the following article I wrote a read.

http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/2012/ ... -physical/

Then, tell me what you think about it in relation to what you said above (the part I quoted).
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby ClassicBrew » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:01 am

I actually had read that article of yours before. I like it, and (objectively) agree with it. Having no subjective experience, I trust that you know a lot more than me. I really did have this in mind when I wrote my questions. I guess I should re-word them a little.

My goal is to gain lucid awareness from my dream awareness. From there, increase my awareness to an astral awareness.

My questions, then, are pretty much the same, just different wording. And yes, I'm very much keeping your article in mind when I write these.

1. My current morning practice tries to skip the dream and lucid awareness, and go straight to astral awareness. In your opinion, is this the best approach, or should I try to gain lucid awareness and increase to astral from there?
2. Galantamine & Choline? Any thoughts?
3. SILD method? Any others you'd recommend or point me toward instead?

Thanks again,

Scott
ClassicBrew

Postby Xanth » Thu Jan 29, 2015 10:54 am

ClassicBrew wrote:I actually had read that article of yours before. I like it, and (objectively) agree with it. Having no subjective experience, I trust that you know a lot more than me. I really did have this in mind when I wrote my questions. I guess I should re-word them a little.

My goal is to gain lucid awareness from my dream awareness. From there, increase my awareness to an astral awareness.

http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/2012/ ... id-dreams/
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/2012/ ... periences/

The first link will help you have more spontaneous projections.
The second link will help you to increase your awareness AND help you to lock your awareness into the reality you're experiencing. Should you happen to feel yourself beginning to wake up, you can do the strengthening techniques in order to STOP yourself from waking up. I've done them many times and they work as long as you place the proper Intent while doing them. :)

1. My current morning practice tries to skip the dream and lucid awareness, and go straight to astral awareness. In your opinion, is this the best approach, or should I try to gain lucid awareness and increase to astral from there?

A spontaneous projection. The first link above will help.

I've found over the years that when most people talk about having "lucid dreams", they're actually so very awake and aware in them that they're not lucidly aware. They're astrally aware instead. The second link above will help with your other question of going from lucid to astral awareness.

2. Galantamine & Choline? Any thoughts?

I don't use supplements. My opinion is that you should learn to do this stuff using your own willpower before you try to take short cuts. You don't learn anything from short cuts. :)

3. SILD method? Any others you'd recommend or point me toward instead?

It's the Noticing Exercise I share in my book. :)
They just expand upon the sensations to include EVERYTHING, instead of just focusing on sight (blackness behind your eyes).

Remember, it's all about what you're focusing on.
http://www.unlimitedboundaries.ca/2015/ ... technique/
This is an article I wrote a week or two ago which should help people design their own projection techniques. :)
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby ClassicBrew » Fri Jan 30, 2015 2:47 pm

I had a fairly significant experience and realization during my lunchtime meditation today.

While meditating, instead of just focusing on my breath, I decided to try and let my eyes roll back, and focus on somewhere near the top of my head. I'd been thinking of some of the posts in the Frank Kepple Practical Guide, and thought I'd try this again. I was lying there, poking around, trying not to strain, trying to just let my eyes go back. Honestly, I know that I was straining a little but still trying to just LET my eyes roll back. I kept poking around, trying to put my focus in various places, when it all suddenly got easy. No strain, no effort, just like a puzzle piece fell into its proper position. I immediately saw (shadowy, vaguely, but SAW) someone looking over me, kind of bent over a little. They weren't menacing in any way, more expectant and anxiously waiting for me. Kind of in a 'Come on, you can do it!' way. Gone in a flash of course, but instead of my usual realization that something was happening, it was because I didn't hold that focus.

When I was in college studying Geology, we'd go on mapping trips. Way back in the stone age when I was in school, we had stereoscopic photos of where we were mapping, and we had to look through special glasses to see the photo in 3D. I got to the place where I could relax my eyes, cross the two images to bring them together, and they'd appear in glorious 3D. It was definitely a learned skill, but I got to the place where I could very quickly and easily bring the two images together without the glasses. But at first it was difficult and took a lot of concentration. What I did earlier today feels like that. Like it'll take concentration, not be terribly easy, easy to lose, but once I practice it enough, will come almost naturally.

Yesterday I was frustrated and thinking I'm just being stupid trying to do this. Today, I feel re-invigorated.

One other note. I talked earlier in this thread about visualizing playing the guitar as a focus technique. :lol: The minute I started really getting into it, my hands would start twitching. I guess I was trying to play for real. Even when I just tried to listen, no go. It was worth a try though!
ClassicBrew

Postby Xanth » Fri Jan 30, 2015 3:38 pm

ClassicBrew wrote:I had a fairly significant experience and realization during my lunchtime meditation today.

While meditating, instead of just focusing on my breath, I decided to try and let my eyes roll back, and focus on somewhere near the top of my head. I'd been thinking of some of the posts in the Frank Kepple Practical Guide, and thought I'd try this again. I was lying there, poking around, trying not to strain, trying to just let my eyes go back. Honestly, I know that I was straining a little but still trying to just LET my eyes roll back. I kept poking around, trying to put my focus in various places, when it all suddenly got easy. No strain, no effort, just like a puzzle piece fell into its proper position. I immediately saw (shadowy, vaguely, but SAW) someone looking over me, kind of bent over a little. They weren't menacing in any way, more expectant and anxiously waiting for me. Kind of in a 'Come on, you can do it!' way. Gone in a flash of course, but instead of my usual realization that something was happening, it was because I didn't hold that focus.

Now THAT is progress. :) Good stuff!

When I was in college studying Geology, we'd go on mapping trips. Way back in the stone age when I was in school, we had stereoscopic photos of where we were mapping, and we had to look through special glasses to see the photo in 3D. I got to the place where I could relax my eyes, cross the two images to bring them together, and they'd appear in glorious 3D. It was definitely a learned skill, but I got to the place where I could very quickly and easily bring the two images together without the glasses. But at first it was difficult and took a lot of concentration. What I did earlier today feels like that. Like it'll take concentration, not be terribly easy, easy to lose, but once I practice it enough, will come almost naturally.

YES! That's exactly it. See, you've done related things like this in your past... most people have, but they never make the connections! You're making those connections.
It only snowballs from here... ;)

Yesterday I was frustrated and thinking I'm just being stupid trying to do this. Today, I feel re-invigorated.

I think the only stupid thing is to assume none of this stuff exists. You're well past that point. :)

One other note. I talked earlier in this thread about visualizing playing the guitar as a focus technique. :lol: The minute I started really getting into it, my hands would start twitching. I guess I was trying to play for real. Even when I just tried to listen, no go. It was worth a try though!

Ha! Yeah, sometimes the body can just decide to do things.
Don't give up on that visualization though, it has a lot of potential for you.
Xanth
Site Admin

Next

Return to Destynee's Plan - Astral Academy