BranStark intro

Have you had a hard time trying to learn to Astrally Project? Have you ever wanted to learn how to do Astral Projection to experience the non-physical for yourself? Here at Unlimited Boundaries, we offer the Astral Academy. This is where we work with you on a one-on-one basis in order to help you learn to experience the non-physical for yourself! Make a post answering the questions in the stickie and we'll assist you every step of the way from physical to non-physical!
Forum rules
There aren't really any rules here... just be sure to be as dedicated to this as we are to wanting to teach you! Be sure to go through the lessons as well, as they've been designed to provide you with the basic understandings you require in order to successfully gain access to and explore the non-physical.

BranStark intro

Postby BranStark » Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:07 pm

Hello! I am starting a new thread of my own. I posted this on astralpulse but was told it would fit better here:

Hello everyone,
I discovered your site just a few days ago and I have found it extremely helpful. I wanted to find a bigger community of experienced astral travellers who could help me to fully understand sth I went through (guess what it is smiley ) and it seems like I am on the right place.

Let me share my story and thank you very much for any ideas, tips, recommendations... you might have:

Couple of years ago I read an article about AP somewhere and I thought it was the funniest and most ridiculous thing ever. I also heard about it from my friend who claimed to be able to do it. Poor lad, he must be ill, I thought. smiley Back then I was rather an atheist and had not experienced anything spiritual, not even a LD (none that I could remember, anyway).

But about 2 years ago (I guess it was about summer 2011) I was sleeping in my bed and suddenly realised I was dreaming. Wow, I thought. Almost instantly that AP article came across my mind (I have no idea how I got to think about it, it just happened). It was only such a brief thought, but still... I found myself rising in that horizontal position I was lying in and floating towards the ceiling. From what I know now, it could have been an awesome experience. But instead it was awful, because I also remembered that friend of mine telling me it was dangerous and that one might not be able to return. Guess what, I panicked. And I panicked so bad. I was afraid to open my eyes (I was not able to see, might be I had the eyelids of my etherical body shut?) so I did not. That is also why I am not 100% sure I was away from my body, just 99%. I really felt like I was hovering at the ceiling and if I had opened my eyes (possibly of the etherical body) I could have seen myself lying in bed. But might it also be that I was only close to being in astral but just not there yet? I am asking because from what I have come to understand about AP, you should always be able to see, no matter what, and even all the directions at once. Or is it not so? Thank you for answering this one, especially. But back to the experience. I wanted to go back into my physical body immediatelly and after a moment (no idea how long it was) I was kind of sinking back into it and I found myself fully awake in my body. That is where it really got awful. My body started to spasm fiercely and although awake, I could not open my eyes. It went on for maybe 20 seconds and first when my body calmed down I opened my eyes and got up.

I am quite sure it was so unpleasant because I became so hysterical while in there. Is it right?

This experience changed me quite profoundly. I became convinced that there is sth more to it. I do not recognise myself as a member of any movement or religion (since religion and especially church has nothing in common with real belief and spirituality but rather with making profit, in my opinion, no offense to anyone smiley ) but I am very intrigued by eastern philosophies, mainly buddhism, and am inclined to believe in reincarnation. I practise judo so that might have influenced me in this area, too. smiley I also have had couple of LDs but no WILDs and I was not able to control them fully. That is probably because I haven't commited myself to learning LDs properly yet. One of them was quite funny, though. I was dreaming and realised it was so and I woke up, not into reality but into yet another dream and I thought it was the reality already. Dream in a dream. Like in the Inception movie. Does it happen to you, too? cheesy

BTW: What do you think de ja vu is? Is it sth one sees in a dream and it happens in real world afterwards? I am asking because when I was writing last paragraph I got very very strong de ja vu feeling. I thought I must have written this already, at this very place, on this very computer. But I am also sure I have never written anything like this. Just a thought. smiley

Back to the topic: I have also started meditating on regular basis. A few times while meditating I felt like spinning around my axis. Awesome feeling. I have read a few theories what it means but what do you guys think.

Ever since that astral experience of mine I described above (my only one so far) I have been afraid to attempt it intentionally. That is mainly because of lot of crap I read on the internet and stuff that my friend-who-can-do-astral-travel told me. You know, demons, attack by entities, danger of getting stuck there... It even got that far that I was afraid to fall asleep for a couple of nights for I feared I would find myself being there in astral, unable to get back. grin I also read that it is safe, I did. But since there were 2 quite opposite opinions on the matter I was not sure what to make of it.

Then I found your site. I just think you guys are doing great job explaining things and it has helped me overcome my fears to a great extent. Now I am planning to get rid of it absolutely and start attempting APs. Thank you so much for assuring me that it cannot be dangerous as long as I stay calm. It seems like you all agree on this. Well, that is very helpful to me so I know now how things really are. Thumbs up!

Just to make it complete: I have recently noticed that I am being drawn to AP more and more. So I decided to overcome my fear and learn it. So here I am. ;) What do I expect from it: Mainly, I want to develop spiritually and also to understand the reality better. As I have written above, I have never projected intentionally but I believe I nowdo have some basic info on the topic. And I can get into quite a deep meditative state sometimes.
So thank you for answering my questions and for hints on what I could do now from the point I am currently at. :)
BranStark

BranStark intro

Sponsor Advertisement

Sponsor

Re: BranStark intro

Postby Majic » Mon Dec 30, 2013 1:48 pm

Hi there, have a look around the board and post and ask away. There is plenty of open minded experience here to be shared
Majic

Postby Xanth » Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:39 pm

Hi Bran!

Welcome to the forum!
I'm a little pressed for time at this second.
I'll respond to your initial post later tonight when I find some time.

For the time being, we'll need some questions answered from you to see where you're at in understanding and knowledge.
We'll need four bits of information to start with!

1. Give us a general understanding of what kind of knowledge you have regarding astral projection.
2. What kind of expectations do you have towards projection... what do you think projection is?
3. What kind of methods/techniques have you tried?
4. How long have you been attempting them for?

Then we'll need you to gain a basic understanding of Astral Projection as we see it:
You'll want to watch the following two videos. They're lesson 1 and 2. :)
Lesson1 - watch-this-first-t443.html
Lesson2 - lesson-2-learn-to-focus-t447.html
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby CFTraveler » Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:14 pm

But about 2 years ago (I guess it was about summer 2011) I was sleeping in my bed and suddenly realised I was dreaming. Wow, I thought. Almost instantly that AP article came across my mind (I have no idea how I got to think about it, it just happened). It was only such a brief thought, but still... I found myself rising in that horizontal position I was lying in and floating towards the ceiling. From what I know now, it could have been an awesome experience. But instead it was awful, because I also remembered that friend of mine telling me it was dangerous and that one might not be able to return.
Wow. That's a misconception that comes from people who think that you 'leave your body empty'. When you project your energy expands and your point of awareness moves out. The body is never left empty. So there is no 'where' to return to- it's a change of awareness of 'dimension' or 'scale'.

Guess what, I panicked. And I panicked so bad. I was afraid to open my eyes (I was not able to see, might be I had the eyelids of my etherical body shut?) so I did not. That is also why I am not 100% sure I was away from my body, just 99%. I really felt like I was hovering at the ceiling and if I had opened my eyes (possibly of the etherical body) I could have seen myself lying in bed. But might it also be that I was only close to being in astral but just not there yet? I am asking because from what I have come to understand about AP, you should always be able to see, no matter what, and even all the directions at once
. That's another misconception. It is possible (and happens) to have circular 'vision', because you are not looking with your physical eyes, but it is just as possible to be blind, because your 'sense' of sight has not moved to your perceptual senses (when your point of perception/energy body) is 'away' from your body, and it will be interpreted as darkness, murkiness, and even what I like to call 'infrared sight'- which is not like 'regular' 'clear' visual info at all. All of these is possible, and one way to get sight is to get away from your physical body, and for others it is to 'command' light.

Or is it not so? Thank you for answering this one, especially. But back to the experience. I wanted to go back into my physical body immediatelly and after a moment (no idea how long it was) I was kind of sinking back into it and I found myself fully awake in my body. That is where it really got awful. My body started to spasm fiercely and although awake, I could not open my eyes. It went on for maybe 20 seconds and first when my body calmed down I opened my eyes and got up.
Since you were projected, your body was paralyzed. This is very normal. More than likely the 'spasms' were what some people call 'vibrations', which can also be felt during reintegrations. Many people feel them upon separation but many don't. However, occasionally they may be felt upon reentry. You had to wait a bit to open your eyes because you were still not 'fully' reengaged with your body, the paralysis signals from the brain had to clear out first. Nothing to worry about, it's just an unpleasant side effect.

I am quite sure it was so unpleasant because I became so hysterical while in there. Is it right?
And also because you were 'primed' for 'problems' because of what your friend said to you. Which is another characteristic of projection in general. If not expectations, fears will definitely affect your experience.
CFTraveler

Location: Beware of one which tells you to put down a book and then later tells you to read another.

Postby BranStark » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:55 pm

Xanth wrote:Hi Bran!

Welcome to the forum!
I'm a little pressed for time at this second.
I'll respond to your initial post later tonight when I find some time.

For the time being, we'll need some questions answered from you to see where you're at in understanding and knowledge.
We'll need four bits of information to start with!

1. Give us a general understanding of what kind of knowledge you have regarding astral projection.
2. What kind of expectations do you have towards projection... what do you think projection is?
3. What kind of methods/techniques have you tried?
4. How long have you been attempting them for?

Then we'll need you to gain a basic understanding of Astral Projection as we see it:
You'll want to watch the following two videos. They're lesson 1 and 2. :)
Lesson1 - watch-this-first-t443.html
Lesson2 - lesson-2-learn-to-focus-t447.html

Sorry for the late reply. I wanted to watch the videos first and so I did yesterday. That Campbell guy is really great. It makes a lot of sense. I found that extremely helpful.

To the core points (at first I thought my initial post would cover them but now I can see I should have written some more, sorry for that):

1. I know it is much more than "a regular dream." I understand that you can achieve AP by expanding your consciousness and letting go of your physical body and vice versa: by AP you can learn about and interact with your consciousness. I am convinced it is a real experience. I am not sure about the nature of that experience, though: if you or part of you (your soul, etherical body or whatever) actually travel places or not. Based on my experience I am inclined to think the former.

2. I guess I have answered this one: I want to develop myself spiritually. I see what a potential an "ordinary" meditation has and I think AP could lead to some very valuable experience. I want to learn better who I really am. If I said I wouldn't like to have some fun as well, I would be lying, though. :)

3., 4. I am a complete novice, it would seem. Only deeper experience I have is with classical breath-meditation. I started experimenting with it about 2 years ago (meditated a few times to see what it is about) and since about half a year ago I have been practising meditation on a regular basis. I meditate every day before sleep for 30 minutes or simetimes longer and from time to time during day when I am alone and undisturbed. So overall 1-2 times per day. To this I sometimes add a short loving kindness meditation (I used to be quite short-tempered but since doing this I indeed have improved a lot :) ) and energy work (just basic stuff: trying to acumulate the energy between my hands and feel the heat and vibrations - for the first time I was amazed to find it really was there 8-) ).

When meditating I usually get to the stage when I hear this buzzing sound and a few times I felt a pretty strong spinning sensation. I have heard these are frequent precursory symptomps to AP. Might this be the right way to approach to project? If so, what do you recommend me to do while in this state apart from staying calm (getting excited was the reason I lost the spinning sensation once)? I usually sit cross-legged when meditating. Should I rather lie down for this?

As I have written, I was afraid of AP so I didn't try to project intentionally ever since my first OBE experience. But as I recently started to feel like it might be time to face my fears (yes, I did make up my mind on this, I want to face them) and start learning to project (I also have this gut-feeling, maybe intuition, that I should do it), I thought I might learn LDs first and get to astral from there. After all, it was after becoming lucid in a dream that I had that OBE. I haven't ben much successful in this but I must confess, I haven't been so dedicated. But a few days ago I started a dream journal of my own and resolved to try harder.

My latest experience is from yesterday night. Prior to this I have read about possible pathway to astral through observing the shapes behind closed eyelids. Immediately I recalled that as a small kid I enjoyed lying on a bed with eyes closed and observing these shapes. Never for long, though. So yesterday night after my meditation I focused on this exactly and indeed, after not so long I got vibrations and a very slight sensation of being pulled upwards. I lost it then but as for the first time it looked promising. What do you think? I am going to try this today again.

Thank you for any tips, be it regarding these 3 methods or anything else.
BranStark

Postby BranStark » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:09 pm

CFTraveler wrote:
Wow. That's a misconception that comes from people who think that you 'leave your body empty'. When you project your energy expands and your point of awareness moves out. The body is never left empty. So there is no 'where' to return to- it's a change of awareness of 'dimension' or 'scale'.
A good point. Well, back then I didn't have the info Ihave now. I am not going to worry about it anymore. ;)

. That's another misconception. It is possible (and happens) to have circular 'vision', because you are not looking with your physical eyes, but it is just as possible to be blind, because your 'sense' of sight has not moved to your perceptual senses (when your point of perception/energy body) is 'away' from your body, and it will be interpreted as darkness, murkiness, and even what I like to call 'infrared sight'- which is not like 'regular' 'clear' visual info at all. All of these is possible, and one way to get sight is to get away from your physical body, and for others it is to 'command' light.
Thanks. If I happen to be blind when in there, I will remember this.

Since you were projected, your body was paralyzed. This is very normal. More than likely the 'spasms' were what some people call 'vibrations', which can also be felt during reintegrations. Many people feel them upon separation but many don't. However, occasionally they may be felt upon reentry. You had to wait a bit to open your eyes because you were still not 'fully' reengaged with your body, the paralysis signals from the brain had to clear out first. Nothing to worry about, it's just an unpleasant side effect.
It was no vibrations though. It was very strong spasming. Actually, my body even made a bridge. Next time, when I am not panicked, I hope it won't be so. It was really painful :?
BranStark

Postby BranStark » Sun Jan 12, 2014 1:35 pm

Hello.
So I have been practising since my last post. And here are my experiences.
At first I meditate for 30 minutes and then, lying down (sometimes I also meditate in lying position from the start), I go on with the breathing and imagine myself merging with the surroundings and/or being in a void. When I do this in the evening before sleep I am usually quite tired from training and "pass out" in a few minutes. I have heard some people saying it is easiest to project when very tired but then I guess it is just a proof that for everyone works something else.
When I do this during the day, though, I also start drifting off into sleep during the "merging/void" phase but then I snatch back and things start happening. I get into quite a deep trance, feel vibrations and hear faint buzzing sounds. Then I feel my NP body spinning and even whirling around my physical body. When I manage just to observe, vibrations get more intense and sometimes I feel like lifting off a few centimeters. But so far I cannot get any further. I don't really lose concentration and keep spinning but that is the end of it.

In another thread I read about getting stuck because of unability to let go and to stop thinking about it. It helped me to understand my situation better because it seems to be my case. I guess I get too excited and when I finally get to that lift-off situation calm (it is always about 3rd try), thoughts about what it will be like and so on still keep popping up in my head.

I think I will just go on with this and hopefully after a few repetitions these sensations will get ordinary so I will no longer bother with them an will be able proceed to the next stage (hopefully this will be getting OOB ;) ). Any thoughts on this would be very much appreciated.

I would also like to share that I am progressing in conquering my fears. I used to get a little bit afraid when I was deep in the trance and it seemed to be getting somewhere. But I am not afraid any longer, just a bit excited (see above). The other night I had a dream where I was thinking about OOBE and just by thinking it I started feeling vibrations (in that dream, dunno if I was about to project). But that is not the point. Suddenly some negs appeared around me and started attacking me. But I didn't panic and sent them love. This blasted them off. I woke up breathing heavily just like after any nightmare but actually felt good - like I had won. I interpret this dream as an evidence that I am losing my fear. :) Any thoughts?

Thanks for your replies.
BranStark

Postby Xanth » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:54 pm

Hey Bran :)

Thoughts...
BranStark wrote:Hello.
So I have been practising since my last post. And here are my experiences.
At first I meditate for 30 minutes and then, lying down (sometimes I also meditate in lying position from the start), I go on with the breathing and imagine myself merging with the surroundings and/or being in a void. When I do this in the evening before sleep I am usually quite tired from training and "pass out" in a few minutes. I have heard some people saying it is easiest to project when very tired but then I guess it is just a proof that for everyone works something else.

It's different for everyone. There is no "best" or "average" when talking about this kind of thing. Just keep trying things until you find what works best for you. :)

When I do this during the day, though, I also start drifting off into sleep during the "merging/void" phase but then I snatch back and things start happening. I get into quite a deep trance, feel vibrations and hear faint buzzing sounds. Then I feel my NP body spinning and even whirling around my physical body. When I manage just to observe, vibrations get more intense and sometimes I feel like lifting off a few centimeters. But so far I cannot get any further. I don't really lose concentration and keep spinning but that is the end of it.

What I want you to do flies in the face of probably everything you've ever heard about in regards to vibrations...
What I want you to do is COMPLETELY and UTTERLY IGNORE them. The most you could do is just mentally note them, "ok, vibrations... whatever..." then continue on doing whatever it is you're doing.
Continue with your exercise and focus more and more away from the physical.

I would also like to share that I am progressing in conquering my fears. I used to get a little bit afraid when I was deep in the trance and it seemed to be getting somewhere. But I am not afraid any longer, just a bit excited (see above). The other night I had a dream where I was thinking about OOBE and just by thinking it I started feeling vibrations (in that dream, dunno if I was about to project). But that is not the point. Suddenly some negs appeared around me and started attacking me. But I didn't panic and sent them love. This blasted them off. I woke up breathing heavily just like after any nightmare but actually felt good - like I had won. I interpret this dream as an evidence that I am losing my fear. :) Any thoughts?

This is what most people need to realize... a dream *IS* a projection. There's no separation in consciousness... you can't neatly label something a 'dream' or a 'lucid dream'... or even 'being awake'.
The only difference between a dream and a projection is that in a projection you're completely consciously aware of who and what you are with what I call a "full waking awareness".
That's it. There's nothing mystically or magically different. Yes, the experiences FEEL completely different... that's due to the difference in the level of your awareness.

So to project from a dream you only need to bring forth your waking awareness. That's it. If, during the experience you relayed above, you became aware that you were "dreaming", then you were projecting. :)

Did you have any specific questions? :)
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby BranStark » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:23 am

Hi, Xanth.
Yeah, I can definitely understand your point about dreams and APs being the same thing with different levels of awareness. Yet it is quite difficult to grasp, since as you have said, those two feel completely different. Hopefully I will get it with experience. ;)

Nevertheless, I had another dream about AP a few days ago. Or, if I put it your way, another AP about AP. :D I was lying on my bed in my room. It looked similar to my room in this reality (or in this dream, who knows :) ). So I tried to AP, got strong vibrations and then floated upwards and immediately back into my body. Then I tried twice more, with the same results. Then I decided to abort the excersise and just went on lying on the bed. After a few moments I woke up, lying in the same room, on the same bed, in the same position. Only there were people in the other rooms in the dream and when I woke up, I was alone. That was the only difference I can remember. Just to make it clear, when I was dreaming about myself attemting to go OOB, I wasn't lucid at all.
I decided it was weird experience (in a good sense). I just have no idea, what it actually was. If didn't have the normal awareness and it's indeed the level of awareness that distinguishes an AP from regular dream, was it any different? Was it a good sign or just my thoughts about AP manifesting in a common dream, no different from all the other "regular" dreams we all experience?

BTW. I have been working on a project lately and I got really busy with it. I had a the-more-you-work-the-sooner-it-will-be-behind-you attitude towards it and when I wasn't working on it, I was having a training or something. Otherwise I worked on it until night and then I got so tired I fell asleep almost immediately. I am ashamed to say I didn't even find the time to meditate. But a few days ago I was supposed to get up at 5:30 am. I woke up at 9:30, totally sleepy and exhausted. Though I am angry with myself for letting the stress come at me, for stopping my development on the spiritual level etc., I am happy to have learned the lesson. That lesson being what a different life it is when you find the time for yourself to develop, for mental-hygiene, for meditation... and when you let the work come first and ruin your energy and self-composure. I mustn't forget this for my future's life sake...ever. ;) Now I am resuming my daily practise and more leisure working pace. :)
BranStark

Postby Szaxx » Fri Jan 31, 2014 1:24 pm

If you can intergrate the meditation while working that will help. It's not impossible to walk and meditate.
You have to remember that the mind thats governing your work is actually you, its your concious self that's gone into work autopilot mode. With some careful thought this concious you can operate two levers simultaneously. One for work and when work becomes easy or repetitive leaving the other to program the repetition to continue while you also reflect on other things.
It may take your breath away at first as you are going to use more than the 8% of your brain. You can actually have two conversations simultaneously with two different subjects and not make any mistakes.
Im sure you've added your own words to a song playing in your head while working. It's this sort of thing but you are working things on a deeper level.
It's a natural ability we all have.
To test it count from 0 to 100 and at the same time count from 100 back to zero. It sounds easy, do it making no mistakes.
See how far you get.
It's good mental training...
Szaxx

Postby Xanth » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:24 am

Once you experience the full range of levels of awareness in a single experience, then you'll understand exactly what I mean. :-)

You will then be able to identify the vast difference in awareness in each of the levels and realize why people are so confused about the labels they use. It'll also destroy your reliance upon those same labels. They then become inadequate.

As for the experience you relayed above, yup that was a dream awareness experience, or as commonly called: a normal dream. As you said, you had no awareness that you were really nonphysical. :-)
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby BranStark » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:11 pm

Total reboot
BranStark

Postby BranStark » Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:04 pm

OK.
So... I know I have not been showing too much of a dedication. With not as much free time as I would lke to have, and also being more lazy than I would like to admit, I kind of gave up... well not exactly gave up, but stopped actively trying.
Still, during the time I have had this break, I went through some very interesting development. I feel that I made a few steps forward, not regarding AP, but somewhere else. I started seeing "auras"... well, rather very decent tints around my fingers and trees. But once I saw a very nice rainbowish tint around a tree. Very nice. And quite recently there came another breaktrhrough. I became more attuned to energies. I have been doing this kind of excercise when I position my hands opposite each other and try to circulate energy between them. It used to take a lot of concentration to do this. Now it starts flowing with me barely thinking about this. And it got stronger. People now notice the heat coming out from my hands, without me telling them there should be some. Also, I think that I am beginning to be able to identify and sense energies around ne.

And now, I also want to get back to this AP thing.I even stopped writing journal. You know, you get up knowing you are late and instantly forget all the drems you had at night. Shame on me. But something draws me to it. I think it is meant to be. I guess you know what I mean?

Any thoughts?
BranStark

Postby Xanth » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:59 pm

BranStark wrote:OK.
So... I know I have not been showing too much of a dedication. With not as much free time as I would lke to have, and also being more lazy than I would like to admit, I kind of gave up... well not exactly gave up, but stopped actively trying.

Yet, you did come back. :)

Still, during the time I have had this break, I went through some very interesting development. I feel that I made a few steps forward, not regarding AP, but somewhere else. I started seeing "auras"... well, rather very decent tints around my fingers and trees. But once I saw a very nice rainbowish tint around a tree. Very nice. And quite recently there came another breaktrhrough. I became more attuned to energies. I have been doing this kind of excercise when I position my hands opposite each other and try to circulate energy between them. It used to take a lot of concentration to do this. Now it starts flowing with me barely thinking about this. And it got stronger. People now notice the heat coming out from my hands, without me telling them there should be some. Also, I think that I am beginning to be able to identify and sense energies around ne.

I'd run with that for a while and see where it takes you. :)

And now, I also want to get back to this AP thing.I even stopped writing journal. You know, you get up knowing you are late and instantly forget all the drems you had at night. Shame on me. But something draws me to it. I think it is meant to be. I guess you know what I mean?

Ha! Yes! I so totally do. :)
I could never get the hang of writing in a journal... my mornings are usually, "AHHHHHHHHH ALARM!!! OFF OFF OFF OFF"... by that time I've already forgotten my dreams. LoL
Although I do notice that I have epic dreams the last couple of years, I just don't remember them past 1/2 a second after waking. hehe Oh well.
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby BranStark » Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:20 am

I have had a couple of close calls lately. One of them happened a few hours ago, so still a fresh experience. I was having a noon nap and had the intention of getting out. I fell asleep for a while but not too deep and I suddenly realised I was dreaming. The dream ended abruptly with me regaining the sensation of where my body was without opening my eyes. Instantly I felt those vibrations (oh yeah, the classical case :lol: ) and a force tugging me upwards. I also heard a voice or growl or something in my ear (not sure what exactly, it is a bit of a blur).Simultaneously,I felt my arms stretching up towards the ceiling. When I felt they were fully stretched, I also noticed my hands were on the bed alongside my body. So I thought that I am halfway through into a RTZ projection.
Maybe involuntarily, but more likely out of impatience, I opened my eyes and expected to see my ‘projected‘ hands and perhaps to push myself OOB. But when I did, I didn't see anything extraordinary. In fact, the whole sensation stopped. I sat up in desperate attempt to get out but when I turned around I, of course, didn't find my body lying there. :D
I realised I screwed big time. The impatience and I think also a mixture of excitement, surprise and perhaps a bit of fear got me. The fear not so much I think. When I heard that sound in my ear, I got scared for a moment, but almost instantly regained composure and the experience (hand lifting up) went on. That I am proud of. But to open my eyes? Urghhhh. :evil: I should have gone with the flow and not tried to push it, at least not so soon. Just like when you are driving a car and have to stop going up the hill: before you start moving forward again, you need to stand on the clutch in its midpoint for a while to get the engine going. If you let it go too quickly, the engine dies. That is what I did in this case and my experience died. What a parallel did I draw! Probably one that lazy North Americans, who only drive automats, will never understand. :mrgreen: :twisted: Seriously though, this is the way I feel things were in this case and I found this comparison appropriate. :)

I would like to hear your thoughts on that. Am I right in my assumption? Also, I felt this was really soooo close. Or was it? Anyone has had a similar experience? Any tips for when I find myself in this situation again?
Thank you.

PS: I feel a bit disappointed to have done such a mistake which ruined it this time, but on the other hand I feel very encouraged by this experience and really hope and also actually am starting to believe it is just a matter of time before I nail it. 8-)
BranStark

Postby Szaxx » Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:45 pm

Close but no cigar.
Emotions should be switched off or as close as you can get. The shock of the noises isn't really fear, expect them, they're a good sign.
You'll get many more and eventually be able to take control at this depth then create any sound you wish.
If you stop thinking of having a body sleeping then things will move forwards. Its tricky not to but not impossible. Any thoughts of the body will almost kill the experience as you found out. Don't worry, I learned the hard way too, I was around 5 years old at the time lol.
Keep going, you're almost there.
When you sense being out, even slightly your thoughts control most of what goes on. Use this to your advantage. There's nothing strange about feeling stuch somehow, there's also nothing strange about stretching your arms 20 feet away to pul yourself out to that point too. Mindset is what you need to change. The physical doesn't exist and keep repeating this so can break free.
Szaxx

Return to Destynee's Plan - Astral Academy