Astral Voyage Article

Any questions you have regarding any of the following experiences: Astral Projections, Out of Body Experiences, Real Time Zone Projections, Phasing, Projection, Lucid Dreaming, Sleep Paralysis, etc... ask them here.

Astral Voyage Article

Postby Xanth » Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:26 am

http://www.astralvoyage.com/projection/hard.html

I posted this a while back on my website and wanted to share it here to get opinions on it. :)
Xanth
Site Admin

Astral Voyage Article

Sponsor Advertisement

Sponsor

Re: Astral Voyage Article

Postby Sinera » Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:53 am

Just read it (been on this site before I remembered) and it is excellent indeed.

I agree to her societal / cultural analysis as well as the 'magnetic' force that the physical (body) exerts over all other bodies or spiritual aspects you naturally possess. This can be literally experienced in a classical OBE when you are being pulled back to your body or have difficulties moving at a distance from your physical body lying in bed. The classic Sylvan Muldoon wrote many chapters on this for a reason.
Sinera

Postby Szaxx » Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:00 pm

This should be one of the first things any student should read and understand. It puts the art into a worldly perspective.
Thats before any attempt is even considered.
Nice find.
Szaxx

Postby CFTraveler » Fri Jul 26, 2013 4:38 pm

I don't know of I should repeat what I said the 1st time I read it in the FB group...
CFTraveler

Location: Beware of one which tells you to put down a book and then later tells you to read another.

Postby Xanth » Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:12 pm

CFTraveler wrote:I don't know of I should repeat what I said the 1st time I read it in the FB group...

We're all understanding here. :)

You must feel strongly about how you feel the way you feel about it. I'd love to hear your perspective!
Xanth
Site Admin

Warning! Rant

Postby CFTraveler » Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:01 pm

Ok. Here goes.
Did anything the article say help anyone with anything related to OBE or other nonphysical exploration? Frankly, s/he could have summed it up with : When we incarnate, we're trained to live in the physical world. Really? Is this new to anyone?
That we're trained to be left-brained thinkers is not news- all cultures, no matter how outwardly 'artsy' primarily train their citizens how to be in the physical- 'primitive' or 'more naturally oriented' cultures primarily teach their people to hunt and or gather and or cultivate, and some special people, the ones who 'show aptitude' get to be shamans. This is the way of all cultures- regardless of place. Even the horrible stark neo modern styles, as utilitarian as they were, had a deliberate aesthetic to them, and some people (gag) still like them.
I didn't see anything in the article that told me something I didn't know- because, even though I agree with the o.a.w.'s view of contemporary western society, there was nothing that told us what we could do to improve our abilities, other than what we already know- meditate, meditate, meditate. And do it with an attitude of observer, not judger.
So, as nice as it was, I just didn't get anything out of it except 'waah, our civilization sucks' and that is that.

So I'm done with my rant.
CFTraveler

Location: Beware of one which tells you to put down a book and then later tells you to read another.

Postby luciddreamer » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:22 am

Xanth wrote:http://www.astralvoyage.com/projection/hard.html

I posted this a while back on my website and wanted to share it here to get opinions on it. :)

thats kinde off what i worked out this week about the magnetic hold, we spend all day gaining awerness of are body and mind then we spend all night forgetting about are body and mind. :lol:
luciddreamer

Re: Warning! Rant

Postby Xanth » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:26 pm

CFTraveler wrote:Ok. Here goes.
Did anything the article say help anyone with anything related to OBE or other nonphysical exploration? Frankly, s/he could have summed it up with : When we incarnate, we're trained to live in the physical world. Really? Is this new to anyone?
That we're trained to be left-brained thinkers is not news- all cultures, no matter how outwardly 'artsy' primarily train their citizens how to be in the physical- 'primitive' or 'more naturally oriented' cultures primarily teach their people to hunt and or gather and or cultivate, and some special people, the ones who 'show aptitude' get to be shamans. This is the way of all cultures- regardless of place. Even the horrible stark neo modern styles, as utilitarian as they were, had a deliberate aesthetic to them, and some people (gag) still like them.
I didn't see anything in the article that told me something I didn't know- because, even though I agree with the o.a.w.'s view of contemporary western society, there was nothing that told us what we could do to improve our abilities, other than what we already know- meditate, meditate, meditate. And do it with an attitude of observer, not judger.
So, as nice as it was, I just didn't get anything out of it except 'waah, our civilization sucks' and that is that.

So I'm done with my rant.

"Waaah, our civilization sucks"... that does about sum it up nicely. LoL

Personally, while what's listed in the article is of the "well, no duh" variety... I was amazed at how I never really stopped to think about it. I mean, we walk around in this reality and most people don't really give a second thought to anything they do or say or even WHY they do or say what they think. To have it laid out and explained so well just kind of made me think twice about everything regarding projection and why I had so much trouble with it in the very beginning.

Back when I first learned about astral projection I was certain it was only for special people, or more advanced people... beyond that, once I finally figured it out, I realized that it had nothing to do with that and everything to do about society and how we teach our children. This put me in a new place mentally about where astral projection sat and how I could even further progress myself.

So while, as I said, some of it is "well, no duh" information... it's nice to hear it once in a while, especially for people who don't critically think about things like this.
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby astralzombie » Sat Aug 10, 2013 5:31 pm

I thought it was a good article but a bit short.

In fairness, she didn't say "listen up seasoned vets, I'm about to blow your ears off with something new". I'm sure her target audience were the beginners.
astralzombie

Return to Projection Discussions & Questions