Anechoic chamber

If you have a particular Projection Method & Technique that you enjoy, please post it here.

Re: Anechoic chamber

Postby Majic » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:28 pm

Thanks for the info and get the idea of it. It is a real concern and I am guessing at what it needed so acting on the side of caution and will give some away some of the noise reduction for the sake of safety. I think that it will be plenty quiet for what I want and it is very dark. I think I said there is no difference between eyes open and eyes closed, you cant tell when sitting in there and its hard to work out its that dark so very happy with that. As far a noise goes I may be able to get away with the internal door open or only partly closed, I am not trying to absorb noise in the way I think a chamber is normally used as there is no internal noise other that what my body produces or I decide to induce so it might not be an issue and the simple use of ear plugs or headphones as suggested might tip it to total silence and leave big safety margins as far as air circulation is concerned.

I now have a floor in place, I used some wooden slats, left over floor boards from the house and they look great and are spaced at 100mm gaps so the bottom baffles are exposed. Next job is to work out the wall baffles and make them. Looking at used 200mm thick woolen insulation batts, they are 100% organic so no issues about any dust for glass from them and making these as flat panels like a pyramid with flat tops.

I have been sitting in there for a while each day and really enjoying the quiet and darkness but no serious attempts just yet. I have noticed the the lights that appear when attempting wild will come along at around 10 to 15 minutes and they dont change when opening and closing my eyes so that is a very good sign.
Majic

Sponsor Advertisement

Sponsor

Postby Xanth » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:47 pm

Any more updates? :)
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Majic » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:58 pm

slowly making progress. It is useable as I have not totally sealed it up, it needs an internal door and still deciding on internal linings. I can spend time in it as it is and find it relaxing and very quiet. It takes around 15 minutes to get to the stage of seeing light HI but I have not persevered past this yet, no good reasons just quietly feeling my way into it.
The floors are lined with hardwood slats and it has a nice leather reclining chair in there. My year has settled down now and the lucids are staring to flow again so I will give it a test run soon in a WBTB for a start and then progress from there. I think it will be good for afternoon OBE's as noon naps seem to be good for producing REM very quickly.

LOL - thanks for the reminder
I will keep a separate journal for any experiences in there
Majic

Postby Xanth » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:19 am

How're things going with the chamber now a days? :)
All sealed up?
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Majic » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:58 pm

LOL - yes sealed and lined and very dark and quiet. its not in the idea place so ear plugs as basic as they are will kill all noise during the day and not need at night. I have had a few noon sessions in there and get to HI then fall asleep. Not a bad outcome but not the one I want. Visitors and my kids at home the last few weeks and away the next 2 on work. After that I will put some regular time in there and post the sessions.

I also have a Kasina machine now and will try that at times as well
Majic

Postby Xanth » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:35 am

I'm extremely jealous. :)

Kasina! I'm also wanting to give that thing a try... waiting on getting some finding some extra cash.
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Majic » Sun Feb 09, 2014 1:57 am

Ha, dont be. Dont even know if I will get any results yet but expect I will in time.

I am not really sure what to do with the Kasina, so far its really been annoying with the noise and light. Not something I am used to as I go to my mind for solitude and onward from there. I think I need to relax with it but will use it a few more times and then post here as there are members with a lot more experience than me with using one that can help.
Majic

Previous

Return to Projection Methods & Techniques