Additions to my book?

Any questions you have regarding any of the following experiences: Astral Projections, Out of Body Experiences, Real Time Zone Projections, Phasing, Projection, Lucid Dreaming, Sleep Paralysis, etc... ask them here.

Additions to my book?

Postby Xanth » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:33 pm

Hi everyone!

For those who have read my book... I have a question.
What additions (or even subtractions) would improve it?
Any clarifications you feel would have been nice?
Xanth
Site Admin

Additions to my book?

Sponsor Advertisement

Sponsor

Re: Additions to my book?

Postby wstein » Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:15 pm

Your book??
sin nada
wstein

Postby Xanth » Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:35 pm

Xanth
Site Admin

Postby Majic » Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:07 am

Will have a read later in the week, 3 days of madness coming up and looking forward to it so bit distracted
Majic

Postby wstein » Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:27 pm

I'm sorry, I can't constructively comment on your book. I am not the target audience. I don't relate to your presentation style. Many of your assertions conflict with my experience.

I don't agree with your premise that you use to 'simplify' astral projection et all. Seems like just approaching this from shifting awareness (to other states) would be way more straight forward.
sin nada
wstein

Postby Xanth » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:47 pm

wstein wrote:I'm sorry, I can't constructively comment on your book. I am not the target audience. I don't relate to your presentation style. Many of your assertions conflict with my experience.

I don't agree with your premise that you use to 'simplify' astral projection et all. Seems like just approaching this from shifting awareness (to other states) would be way more straight forward.

That's why this forum exists! I'd actually love to read about what assertions I make which conflict with your experience.
We're never going to get a whole picture if we don't share. :)

What I have experienced and the conclusions I've drawn are all there.
I'm quite certain that others are going to have their own experiences and draw their own conclusions. I do enjoy reading about what others have experienced. :)

I'd say, if there was one key basis behind everything I write about it is this "shifting awareness to other states" which you mention above.
Xanth
Site Admin

Postby wstein » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:36 pm

Xanth wrote:
wstein wrote:I'm sorry, I can't constructively comment on your book. I am not the target audience. I don't relate to your presentation style. Many of your assertions conflict with my experience.

That's why this forum exists! I'd actually love to read about what assertions I make which conflict with your experience.
We're never going to get a whole picture if we don't share. :)

What I have experienced and the conclusions I've drawn are all there.
I'm quite certain that others are going to have their own experiences and draw their own conclusions. I do enjoy reading about what others have experienced. :)

I'd say, if there was one key basis behind everything I write about it is this "shifting awareness to other states" which you mention above.
I am not going to engage directly with your writing. I will however provide some of my experience and conclusions.

WARNING: long and dense
--------
First my overall experience with ‘shifting awareness’:
DREAMING (internal experience entirely created by self)
Even though the dreams have no ‘substance’, the experience one has during a dream is just as real as the waking world.
-Aware dreaming: this happens to me spontaneously, in first person dreams my full consciousness is available in the same way it is when I am awake
-Lucid dreaming: I learned about this mostly from books but their methods were not very good. What worked for me was to make a list of all the stuff that only happened in dreams. Going over the list just before bedtime allowed me to recognize when one of these things was happening, thus I knew I was dreaming. The key one is where my teeth fall out. Note that lucid dreaming always starts in the context of a dream. It never starts in a black or nearly featureless void. I never dream about Astral Travel nor find myself floating above my body. Lucid dreams occur ~5 times a week.
-Advanced Lucid dreaming (arbitrary alteration): I developed this by a combination of lucid dreaming and aware dreaming. As I knew it could be done, whenever I entered lucid dreaming I tried to do alterations. Eventually I got it to work. Any content of a dream can be changed.
-Advanced Lucid dreaming (lucid watcher): fly on the wall (3rd person) view of dreams happens spontaneously to most people (just watching not part of the action), the lucid version combines aware dreaming, lucid dreaming and the watcher. As such you can monitor any aspect of the dream. If combined with arbitrary alteration, changes can be made ‘from the outside’ much like playing with dolls. I can invoke the lucid watcher at will.
-Advanced Lucid dreaming (split awareness): This is lucid dreaming where you are in the dream more than once each with instance an aware dreaming. Most commonly you are a first person character participating in the dream and a lucid watcher observing (possibly altering) the dream. In this way you can both experience the action and direct it at the same time. Note that more than 2 instances are possible though maintaining more than 3 consciousnesses at the same time is very difficult. It’s very interesting to ‘invoke’ a second lucid watcher to watch another lucid watcher who is observing the main part of the dream.
-Dream recall: I have always remembered fragments of dreams when waking up. Immediate attempts to recall upon waking up usually yield more detail than waiting a few minutes. Staying in the in between sleep and awake allows for full review of dreams.

AWARENESS
-Dual sensory streams: this happens spontaneously when I am doing mental projection (described below), there is only one physical body and one consciousness but two sets of sensory streams and two matching sets of ability to affect things. Each pair of sensory stream and ability to affect things can be in different dimensions (planes, universes, spiritual states, etc.). Note that for me one set always stays at the physical body’s location.
-Lucid Watcher: after mastering invoking split awareness in combination with split awareness in dreams, I realized I could invoke the lucid watcher any time in addition to another state of being (like being awake). I mostly use this when awake to watch my behavior while it happening. It interesting and sometimes disturbing to watch yourself do the oddest things. As the lucid watcher has access to the entire mental environment, it also knows why you are doing what you are doing much more than the normal awake (conscious) self.
-Expanded Awareness: changing the area of awareness. As the amount of awareness is fairly fixed expanding to a larger area makes it spread out (more diffuse) reducing the amount of detail available. One can be the universe though spread that thin one is scarcely aware of its contents. Technically when one focuses they are doing the same thing in the contracting direction (increases detail). Awareness is not limited by physical dimensions so can be a large or small as desired. In terms of living as a being on this planet, somewhere a few times the size of the body is most functional.

OUT OF BODY EXPERIENCES (OBE)
OBE in general is the ability to project various aspects of yourself to other locations then where your physical body Is located. The different types of OBE are distinguished by what parts of yourself are projected and if those parts are copies or the original. The greater reality one ‘visits’ seems to have its own substance and continuity only partly ‘affected or created’ by you.
-Mental Projection: Not having any reference material as a child nor any spontaneous astral travel experiences I developed my own form of OBE. I later learned that I was basically doing mental projection (which is very similar to Phasing). In mental projection awareness (sensory input), mental ability, and energy abilities are duplicated and projected to other ‘locations’. This causes dual simultaneous sensory streams which can be confusing and difficult keeping straight which location to act in. Note that I always do this while fully awake, limiting the stimulation where the physical body is helps somewhat. There is sometimes a momentary falling sensation as I dislodge the chi ball in order to allow it to be moved carrying one set of the duplicated parts. There have never been any exit vibrations or scary creatures watching. There is no ‘recall’ problem as there is only one body, one mind, and one consciousness which operate in the normal manner. I started by attempting to perceive things beyond the normal 3D material world more or less by shear will. At first I relied heavily on my natural energy ability (which I honed first separately). Slowly I pushed further ‘out’ in an attempt to discover the nature of reality. Pretty quickly I realized that more energy meant a much richer sensory experiences. With enough energy, one can actually affect things in the other location. Eventually my energy ability allowed creation of a chi ball big enough to get inside. This opened up the ability to go to very different types of places as well as a resource to affect things on arrival.

My main purpose for OBE was to discover the nature of reality. As such I did not wander randomly too much. I spent a lot of time (dozens of OBEs) solely dedicated to how close the ultimate unity/god/ALL/whatever it is. I was able to go ‘places’ with ever more unity and ever less separation. At first other planes are not so unlike the Earth plane with objects, creatures, laws of nature. As I pushed out further I came to places with beings and potentials but no actualized manifest reality. Still further towards unity one gets to rarefied environments with few properties. One of these was pretty much consciousness and conceptual ideas; there were no creatures, energy, laws of nature, landscape. Still closer to unity are regions of little other than the possibility of ‘something’ (the something was not actual). Somewhere near this level of unity even perception is not possible so one can only ‘observe’ from the outside of these regions. Entering these regions is possible, it’s just that you CAN NOT perceive anything as perception itself is not possible there. Eventually of course one perceives only the ‘white light’ which cannot be entered or perceived within as there are no separations there and nothing ‘distinct’ is possible.

After going as far as I could towards unity, I turned to pursuit of answers to more practical (and local) issues. As I had no preconceptions about OBE I started choosing destinations based on what I wanted to find out. This took me into other ‘domains’ (rather than other location is space). For instance I wandered about in my over-souls memories looking for the secret to telekinesis. I was able to visit with the creator of this universe and with some of my other incarnations. I also wandered about in hyper-space, dropping in on alternate timelines of this universe.
-Mental Projection (joint): By physically enclosing another physical person in my chi ball before attempting Mental Projection, they could share my OBE. Note that their ability to perceive and affect things is highly dependent on their energy level and to a lesser extent their openness to this sort of thing. Those with little developed energy ability perceive little other than a sense of motion and blackness.

VISIONS
Visions are a mental state where situations are represented in symbolic form. This is widely practiced by native peoples especially those from North America. Spirit guides often use this form of communication. In my experience the symbols are usually multi-level (having multiple meanings). Though somewhat similar to dream symbols are not the same ones. Quite often elements of past experience are used as symbols. As such a wolf in a vision probably does not represent an actual wolf but rather being with attributes you associate with wolves (wild, predatory, powerful, intelligent, fearless, social, loyal, etc).
-Vision Work: I tend to use this for exploring my past when the actual memories are not available. I don’t get the original memory with its sensory information but it is a way to access the gist of what happened. In terms of psychological healing, this is often enough. I mostly used this after failing to recall certain early childhood events (<2 years old) to see why and how they had affected me.

TOLTEC
The Toltecs while heavily influenced by Eastern Asia have developed some interesting and different ways to alter their perception. I learned of this through books by Carlos Castaneda. I attended a number of seminars by Don Miguel Ruiz and a couple by Carlos Castaneda. Neither provided much useful information directly but by leveraging my other experience I was able to figure out how to do many of their practices.
-Shifting Assemblage Point: The assemblage point is a grouping of specific types awareness. Each kind of creature (animal species) has different awarenesses. Generally more sentient creatures have more kinds of awarenesses. In Toltec terms an awareness is almost the same as a sensory ability. More ‘advanced’ beings have some ability to shift the assemblage point thus acquiring and losing certain sensory modes. This is the basis for shape shifting.
-Assembling Worlds: This changing how one’s sensory inputs are mapped into what we think of as the ‘normal’ senses which are really mental representations. All the same sensory inputs are still being received, however, different ones are presented in different ways from the usual ‘awake’ mode we are used to. For instance in the ‘World of Intent’ things with intent (intelligent animals including humans) are shown in the visual field as a ball of luminous fibers rather than as a physical body. These luminous fibers stretch out to ‘touch’ where one’s intent is directed. When viewing a person in this way you can see where they are directing their intent. Note that objects and lifeforms without intent appear in their normal 3D physicality.

SPIRITUAL/BODIES
This grouping is based on the idea that human like incarnations are actually a series of co-located bodies. There are normally represented from densest/smallest to diffuse/largest. There are many versions of this but roughly the common series is physical, mental, energetic, causal.
-Shifting Bodies (shifting): It occurred to me that though normally co-located, that the various bodies might be shifted relative to each other. Moving the more diffuse bodies off center has the effect of concentrating one’s presence to that side of the physical body. The perceptual effect is as if you have moved physically. Moving towards a person makes one feel connected with them (less separated). The bodies have a ‘normal’ alignment and unless held in another configuration return quickly to their preferred orientation. The area around also reverts to its previous state, people do retain memory of whatever spiritual state they experienced.
-Shifting Bodies (shifting): Rotating bodies relative to each other has a very interesting effect both on one’s own perception, it also directly affects things around you. Specifically when done near a person, it has nearly the same effect on them as if they were in deep meditation, inducing a spiritually meditative state (inner silence or inner stillness).
-Altering the ‘angle’ of spiritual input into manifest reality: This is based on the idea that we are spiritual beings having some kind of incarnation. I wondered how this ‘divine creative input’ actually affected physical reality. It seemed that the spirit would have great difficulty affecting anything so dense and fundamentally different as manifested (physical) reality. Eventually I combined the Toltec assemblage point with the co-created reality idea. I have played around a bit with change in the ‘angle’ of the connection from the spirit level into the incarnation which seems to enter in the mid back below the shoulder blades (same as assemblage point is described). Even the slightest alteration changes perception and experience in not so easy to describe ways. The creative spiritual input is directed towards affecting different parts of reality. Best I can tell though much of it usually goes to ‘directing’ the incarnation’s actions, a lot however goes to participating in the happenings in the environment at large. It’s as if each of us does our share to create a stable environment in which to have our incarnation experience. This might be problematic from an incarnation point of view as redirecting too much creative source towards other stuff would no longer cause the incarnation to be sustained.

SUMMARY
There are many ways for beings to change and reconfigure their consciousness, awareness, bodies. Those having a ‘lifetime’ experience tend to stress continuity over variety. In my experience none of these things is fundamental. Each is an aspect of reality that combines in various combinations in various parts of reality. For ‘those’ who find themselves on forums like this one have these aspects to them and the opportunity to ‘play around’ with them.

As this relates to shifting awareness, there seem to be several fundamental groupings to these shifts. These groupings are based on what is affected by the shift.
1) synthetic conceptual constructs are completely fabricated within as representations of concepts. These can be represented in a sensory format for easier assimilation by the brain. This category includes dreaming, visions, imagination, prophesy.
2) shifting perception or sensory input either to different locations or different modes: This does not affect reality per se, only one’s perception of it. This includes remote viewing, seeing the future, assembling worlds, expanded awareness, split awareness, timeless states.
3) replication and possible relocation aspects of one’s incarnation: here one is altering their fundamental existence within a certain part of reality, in extreme cases abilities might change. This affects how they are able to interact with the local environment(s) and how it interacts with them. The internal self is not altered. This includes OBE (phasing, astral travel, mental projection, etc), physical shape shifting, shifting assemblage point.
4) presence: changing one’s presence is altering the self (within a certain part of reality) which indirectly affects how one directs their interaction with reality around them. This includes shifting bodies, altering divine creative input, transcending, god-like states.
sin nada
wstein

Postby astralzombie » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:41 pm

Wstein, I do agree that you are most definitely not Xanth's target audience. You already have way too much experience and personal beliefs about this subject.

He is reaching out to struggling beginners, something that may have been in your rear view mirror eons ago.
astralzombie

Postby wstein » Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:17 pm

astralzombie wrote:Wstein, I do agree that you are most definitely not Xanth's target audience. You already have way too much experience and personal beliefs about this subject.

He is reaching out to struggling beginners, something that may have been in your rear view mirror eons ago.
<generic response, not aimed at anyone> It's always tricky in this situation. It's good that the relatively inexperienced person is making progress. From that point of view it seems beneficial to them to encourage. On the other side, people are often unaware that they have way less 'figured out' than they think they do. Eventually, if they keep working, they discover that for themselves. So from that perspective, telling them what they are missing gives them a head start to learning more. On the downside, telling them can deflate their sense of accomplishment. Its not always so obvious who is the unaware beginner and who is the experienced one.

------
<personal comment> I know its a personal issue: intermediate practitioners often feel they know enough to teach beginners. Often times, what they teach is their own limited understanding. This can actually be counterproductive for the beginner as they will later have to unlearn what they have been taught (as does the intermediate practitioner). As such, its my inclination to defuse the teaching in order avoid the newbies from being mislead too much. In practice, I often just don't say anything as its not my place to teach or learn anyone anything. In this case, though I am unsure if it was a good idea, Xanth asked me to share more, so I did.
sin nada
wstein

Postby astralzombie » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:44 am

Xanth's book is about how to achieve an OOBE or to AP.

He's not trying to tell them what to do after they have, or how to interpret it. It's not about dropping outdated terms, fears, and belief systems. It's about putting them to the side for just a minute. Then they can apply the method that he writes about.

Once they are "out", they can grab any and every belief system that makes sense to them or they can keep the clean slate and explore something new...create their own paradigms and make their own breakthroughs.

Now I know there is nothing new under the sun. There really isn't. Just because life keeps changing doesn't mean we haven't already been here.

Out of the 120 billion people that have supposedly lived since this go around on Earth and those currently living, I seriously doubt that someone is gonna show us God in the palm of their hand finally.
astralzombie

Postby Martin » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:20 pm

Some good SP techniques, instead of phasing techniques only.
Martin

Postby Xanth » Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:00 am

Actually, there's a reason why there aren't any Sleep Paralysis techniques in my book.
With Phasing, it generally by-passes that particular event... you phase directly from "here" to "there".
No SP required... no SP to experience. That's not to say you can't or won't experience it... it's just that I believe it be rare and if you do experience it, it's not something to be focused upon.

As for the above responses from wstein, I promise to get to that soon. It's been a busy life lately, hence my lack of presence here and the Pulse. :/
Xanth
Site Admin

Return to Projection Discussions & Questions