A Very Interesting Dream Personality I Met

Did you have an experience and wish to share and/or discuss it? Post it here!

Postby Methiculous » Fri Sep 06, 2013 9:31 pm

(This is a copy of a post I made on World of Lucid Dreaming back in July 22, 2013, the day after it happened. I just thought I could get some more input about it. I was talking to Astral Zombie in another post about dream character conversations and wanted to share one of my... how did he put it.... "WTF type dream characters that make you think and leave a lasting impression". To Magic: you read it before from the other website)

First a little background:
I still wonder if some people in my dreams are figments of my own mind or if they are somehow real. Is there an astral plane for lucid dreamers to meet up? Another thing I was thinking about yesterday was testing the logic of a dream character. I was imagining, what if I ask "What is 1+1+apple?" See what they say.

(Another note to keep in mind. I find it hard to remember every little word and paraphrase a lot of it, but if it is in quotes it is probably word for word because I wrote it down right away. Even now I need my dream journal to know for sure because I start to forget the details of a dream very quickly, and I like to be as honest with the dream as much as possible).

It started with me wanting to meet 'the awareness of the dream'. (Something I have been trying lately). I met someone about my age and he seemed to be of Indian descent or perhaps Middle Eastern or Pakistan (not that race matters, but just to provide a clearer image). I was in a grassy field and there were many other dream characters all over the place. I asked him if he knew it was a dream and he said, yes. I asked if anyone else knows it is a dream. He said, they all know. I didn't believe him and thought they were all just those mindless, empty shell type DCs. So I waved my arm and willed them all to fly off in the sky essentially killing them in the dream. They didn't care though and I heard some even say, "Weeeee!" as they flew up and came back down again. For some reason I became argumentative and got in his face like a bully and started poking him in the chest and asked, "Do you feel pain?" There are parts of the dream I don't remember in the beginning, but there must have been more to it to provoke me like that and argue with him about whether he is truly real or not, but anyway... He got angry back and said, "What do you want? Logic like 1+1=2?" I was shocked that he even knew about that because I never told anybody and it was only a passing idea I had yesterday. But then I thought, wait a minute, we must share the same mind right? So I tried to think the word, 'apple' in my mind to see if he would say it. He didn't.

The mood changed and we were no longer in conflict. I forget a lot of what he said, but two things I remember. He said, "Astral Travel is for psychics." (And he implied that psychics are a strange breed anyway and I should feel no need to be one). He then said something about the importance of Bearka Vibrations. I asked him how to spell it so I know that's the exact word. He said in all honesty it will take me about twenty years. (He didn't say for what, but I assume he meant to be as proficient and expert as he is and some others in that grassy field). He said, first you have to construct your own astral body. (Whatever that means).

He pointed someone out to me and it was one of the DCs in the field and he was a novice and it was their first lucid dream ever. They happened to be a very violent person too and he attacked me with a knife. I cast him aside and set him on fire. As he lay there burning he said to himself, "Best day ever...." I turned my attention elsewhere and assume that guy woke up.

I started to wonder about this expert lucid dream character and wanted to ask, are you an astral traveller? But he kept talking, changing the subject and wouldn't answer. He said, isn't it a shame about the Boston Derby? Those poor girls. Their killer will never be found. (I felt like he was having a premonition.) I said, well the killer's morals will find him. Then I thought, what if the killer has no morals? I got the impression that what he was trying to say was that in this realm nobody gets away with anything, and it's a shame that in waking life we have to go through with hardships like that.

I still wanted to ask if he was an astral traveler, but he got in the side, sliding door of a van and I lost sight of him for just a second. When he walked to the front seat he was now a boy and was not the same person, I could just sense it. I said, your tricky aren't you? You never wanted to answer that did you? Another DC in the front just happened to be there when I looked again and he said, "You're wrong about him. He loves you very much." I said, "I guess I'm just not ready then?" I forget the response, but I could still hear that Indian guys voice, but it sounded further away or very small. Before the van left I just had to ask, "What's your name, not that you need one?" He replied, "Tokyo." (Not like the city though, so it could be spelled Toki-Oh for all I know, I never got a chance to ask. I needed to wake up and write it down before I forgot it all.

It really makes me think about shared dreaming and astral planes. Or is my subconscious merely trying to tell me there is a higher level of lucid dreaming I have yet to master? Or is it just a strange dream and I happened to be mulling about such things, and it has no meaning at all unless I give it meaning?

It certainly FELT very powerful! And as Astral Zombie would say... you wake up and think WTF?!
I close my eyes and see what I can see, whatever it may be.
It could be the sea, or I could see a bee.
Don't you see? It doesn't matter to me. Just let it be!
(written by a great poet after a dream... ME!)
Methiculous

Sponsor Advertisement

Sponsor

Re: A Very Interesting Dream Personality I Met

Postby Taoistguy » Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:24 am

Wow. Thankyou for that. Fascinating.
I always try to go by remembering if the feeling of the dream is different to the feeling of a normal dream. And remembering if the level of conscious awareness was different too. Also, maybe next time you did more reality checks.
Taoistguy

Postby Szaxx » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:50 pm

What an excellent mindset of determination. My hat's off to you. That level of determination will get you your answers. The straying away from your originally posed question by the D.C. is a classic. They get to deter you through distraction. Our minds are so inquisitive that distraction while NP is the largest reason for failiure of what we wanted to do initially.

The comment on making an astral body was interesting. I find my personality and character are different than in the physical. This has developed over many years. The NP character is far stronger in most everything than that of the physical host counterpart. We are limited on planet Earth and the comment promoted this observation.
Can you relate to this?
Szaxx

Postby Methiculous » Wed Sep 11, 2013 8:25 pm

Szaxx wrote:The comment on making an astral body was interesting. I find my personality and character are different than in the physical. This has developed over many years. The NP character is far stronger in most everything than that of the physical host counterpart. We are limited on planet Earth and the comment promoted this observation.
Can you relate to this?

When he said, make an astral body, I got the impression it didn't have to be a human form, and could be anything. But once established I can become it all the time, like an avatar. I've heard others say they can change their 'dream-bodies' into animals or other things, but I never have.

My personality is definitely different when in a dream. I am more childlike with curiosity and wonderment. Just yesterday I was in a lucid dream and I was actually skipping around like a school girl and it felt great. I was very light and gravity was a little less than normal. I am a 34 year old male in waking life and never skip around feeling jolly like that. We all have an alter-ego-dream-self.
I close my eyes and see what I can see, whatever it may be.
It could be the sea, or I could see a bee.
Don't you see? It doesn't matter to me. Just let it be!
(written by a great poet after a dream... ME!)
Methiculous

Postby Szaxx » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:50 pm

In one experience I was asked to find someone who legged it out of the door and dissapeared. No one had any idea where he went. It was one of those places where you had to blend in and not fly etc.
I asked them for something he always wears. I was given a small item and dissapeared from view. I changed into a dog and the sense of smell was astounding. I found the runaway and changed back infront of him. He crapped himself and did as I asked.
On return I said I did it in a different way. Some comments came on how they hate travellers ensued. I obviously changed their mind. They didn't believe the runaway. He was always lieing. Strange place with strange people and rules. Fun all the same.
The expression was perfect, the wet legs followed, I did feel sorry for him but an important lesson was learned.
Usually Im solid with the set tasks. Fair and firm works. You earn respect and get posted in a myriad of locations from really nice places to hells.
I love the work.
Szaxx

Postby wstein » Fri Sep 20, 2013 12:27 am

Michael Scannell wrote:
Szaxx wrote: When he said, make an astral body, I got the impression it didn't have to be a human form, and could be anything. But once established I can become it all the time, like an avatar. I've heard others say they can change their 'dream-bodies' into animals or other things, but I never have.
The astral body is basically 'energy'. One can use energy techniques to create or change it. By default one tends to take the same form every time.
sin nada
wstein

Return to Projection Experiences