Projection & Meditation – Seeing Through Closed Eyelids

I know that a lot of people here have experienced this before. You’re trying to Project consciously or Meditating and all of a sudden, you know full well that your eyes are shut tight, yet you’re able to see your surroundings just fine!

I’ve experienced this many times while meditating at home sitting in my living room and I’m able to see my surroundings looking exactly as they are. So what is this? Was I *REALLY* seeing my living room? I could see my tv… the tv stand… the wall… the dog beds… they were all there.

Well, it wasn’t until I started doing this on the train going into work each morning that I believe I have a theory. I try meditating on train each morning, the end result is that as the train pulls into Toronto, I’m usually pretty relaxed. I sit there for a bit longer waiting for everyone to leave so that there is room for me to leave as well… and as I’m sitting there I simply continue my meditation. What I experience, usually on most days is the whole “seeing through my eyelids” thing, only what I see isn’t a direct reflection of what is actually going on around me. It’s not even always from the same perspective of where I’m sitting. I’ve seen my fiance get up and walk away… I’ve seen people who are sitting in front of me get up and leave (not always the same people as are actually there too!)… then upon opening my eyes physically, I see that these people are still sitting there.

My theory is that what we’re “seeing” when we see through our eyelids IS NOT actually physical reality at all… you’re seeing non-physically, and it’s mixed very highly with what you believe is around you at the time.

Thoughts? Comments?

12 thoughts on “Projection & Meditation – Seeing Through Closed Eyelids

1. laura moore says:

When I see thru my eyelids it is only during sleep paralysis, but I agree: its not 100% matched up with physical reality. Sometimes it seems like the light is on or someone is sitting on the bed or walking by, but its definitely not happening in the physical.

• xanth18 says:

There were some suggestions on the Astral Pulse where I also posted this that the “sight”, at least in regards to me on the train, could be from a different perspective from within the train. This is definitely a possibility. For something like sitting in the living room, or you on your bed and seeing someone sitting on the bed… perspective can’t really be that much different. Which really leads me to believe my initial hypothesis is closer to the truth in that there’s a portion of the experience which is based upon beliefs/subconscious awareness of your “potential” surroundings.

• Zagadka says:

I have experienced this in a lot of details. I was doing meditation and had took the dissociative dextrometorphan, though my pictured surroundings was cartoon-like, in colours and good quality. Full computers, bookshelves… that was many years ago, at which time I experienced with some psychedelics.

2. Laurence Bourke says:

i have recently been doing this , not by my own volition at fist, i have been mediating at least 1 hour a day for a year, i read constantly about obes etc and am a very regular lucid dreamer with almost 1000 pages of dreams, and recently i am in a state of almost shock bemuse every single night without fail when i go to be di can see through my close eyelids, i just except it to happen.

i have been experimenting with this for over a month and i fully agree with what you say, certainly i have seen things like the bedpost in font of me from slightly differing perspective . then i will wave my hands in front of my face and either i wont see them, or i will see a faint shadow, also when i cover my eyes with my hands i can see through the hands and it looks like im looking at an xray, i have the distinct impression im xraying my hands.

amazingly, the other ngiht i was tilting my head against the wall trying it out, oh yeah, it works now at will, all i have to do is turn lights off and walk around the room waiting, anyway, i was there looking over to where i knew the tv and stereo were, gradually, i could see, as if lit by a strange diffuse light, a classic feature and often overlooked of obes. Anyway, i noticed that the speakers were in a totally differing position on top of the tv!! it was shocking but i stayed calm and then it soon melted away,

so yes, its clearly not truly reality, but it is close, then again there are times when i feel i am seeing exactly what is there, its amazing phenomenon and hints at an experimetn to prove esp type abilities once and for all,

3. Zen says:

When I was doing a long term water fast (40 days) during the 2nd half of the journey, I was able to see through my eyelids when going to bed at night. It was almost certainly the room that I was in with no decipherable differences. My girlfriend who was also fasting experienced the same thing. I could get up and slowly navigate my surroundings, although I only did this a couple times.

My inclination, now that I have done years of study and research concerning astral projection/lucidity and the likes, is that it was either 3rd eye related or my bodies vibration that had changed and allowed for accessing different ‘light frequencies’….basically my body and eyes were at a tone that allowed for seeing in the ‘dark’

cheers.
    zen

4. KnowledgedNotReligous says:

Not just sleep paralysis..i go threw it and could also control it..control spiritually exit my body..see threw my eyelids and walk around doing it..its an unlocking the brain..control by collecting knowledge..more to the world of life itself..good to hear your near..also good to know your divergent..shows there’s some out in this world that cannot collect propaganda from the media..keep up the mind..keep focus..develop your brain..there’s to prove what after life..you learn to use your spirit for backup while your skin body decides to shut the eyes..

5. ragnarokprophet says:

Ok so I’m not really sure how to say this without sounding weird but I can actually visually see through my closed eyelids for me its like having X-ray vision. I first noticed this when I was 17 I was in this group therapy session which is suppose to teach trust and teamwork, we were playing this game were you were a tank but you were blindfolded your eyes was your partner behind you telling you were to throw the ball or artillery I did so well the teachers thought I was cheating or looking under the blind fold but my eyes were shut the blindfold on they decided to do the how many fingers am I holding up I got it right every time so they made sure I wasn’t looking under the blind fold they put two different pairs of hands over my eyes with the blind fold still on and did the finger holding up again and again I got them all right so they decided I was cheating. Now it seems more and more I’m able to see through my eyelids I don’t take or do drugs I don’t meditate and I’m not hallucinating I can literally see everything through my eyelids most of the time now it happens when I’ve been dreaming most of us open our eyes when we become awake but for me I just become alert last night I saw through my eyelids and I know my eyes were shut because when I wondered if I went to sleep with my eyes open I remember feeling my eyelids opening and seeing exactly what I saw when they were closed starting to wonder if it happens to do with the 4 times I’ve been struck by lightining or maybe it’s because of my advanced cancer I’m probably a living miracle I’m cancer infested everywhere.

• xanth18 says:

If you’ve been struck by lightning four times AND you’re infested with cancer… then I’d say you’re probably a very unlucky person. 🙂

Good luck to you. 🙂

6. Craig says:

This happens to me very regular now at fist i was just the same i knew my eyes were closed and thought maybe i was imageimg it it started lme night i was smoking a cig in the dark and could see the bright orange/red end of the cig..so i squeezed my eyes tighter snd there it was still only now so was the tv wardrobes and rest of the bedroom..now onfact just light night i am managing to be able to tune to the frequency..(the high potch ringing in yoir ears) and instantly the image comes up and my eyes tightly closed….sometimes it is exact, i lnow this because i wave hands and stick fingers up..sometimes its clear as real sight…other times like energy loads of little light energy..like neo on the final matrix for thos who have seen that when he damages his eyes and can not see…but he sees the orange energy it ks just like that.

7. Angie says:

I was in bed just relaxing and trying the rope technique to consciously project…I stopped for a moment and through my closed eyes my bedroom began to emerge, I could see it all just as it is but it hall a kind of dull tint to it, it lingered for about 10 seconds and them faded to black again. I wasn’t in sleep paralysis at the time just relaxed. It was very odd, when it happened it felt like I could just reach out and leave my body but it didn’t last long enough and I wasn’t in sleep paralysis, weird

• xanth18 says:

Hi Angie! My apologies for taking so long to approve this! Just saw your post now. 🙂

So, I’ve kind of figured out a bit about the whole “seeing through your close eyes” thing. What’s happening is that when you’ve got your eyes closed and your trying to project, meditate or whatever… and you end up “seeing” your current surroundings even though your physical eyes are closed is that you’re not REALLY seeing your ACTUAL physical surroundings. It may look very close or even identical, but what you’re seeing is a memory recreation of what you believe is currently around you at that moment. It’s *usually* the place you’re physically in, because that’s usually the last thing someone sees before they close their eyes… makes sense, right?

Essentially, that moment when you begin to “see through your closed eyes”… in actuality, you’re PROJECTING! At that point, you’ve shifted your perception to your non-physical senses. Unless you work towards strengthening it, it usually fade fairly quickly… and you’ve already noticed the part where you ARE NOT in sleep paralysis. You projected WITHOUT sleep paralysis. Let that part sink in deeply. It’s personal experience proof to yourself that you do not need sleep paralysis in order to project. 🙂

So congratulations, it might have only been 10 seconds… but you projected.

8. Phillip says:

I began by meditating in a darkroom and started seeing through my closed eyelids .The surrounding items in that room appeared only if i focused in that area like sediments of sand.When i shifted my focus the desk or chair would dissappear like sand sediments.I held this for at least 15 mins.Towards the end of meditation i look closely around myself and saw a swirling dark purple light with neon hint.Now i can get to this state at will the exception now is thats i dont see the aura as much and im much more aware of things.